cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

TIME TO ANNOUNCE A 10% ACREAGE SETASIDE

Yes, it is time to leave ideology at the door.

Price stability across the entire economy is going to be critical to stability. Call your gov reps and ask for a 10% acreage setaside for 2020, setaside acreage gets a PP payment. This will only offset a portion of the Ethanol that won't be used, and will save the gov billions later.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: TIME TO ANNOUNCE A 10% ACREAGE SETASIDE

I agree.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Could  Covid  P  P  become  a  reality ,  and   , or  will  Congressional  retirements ,  begin  to  be  on  par ,  with  Corporate  C E  O  retirement  -  ?   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Sure.

But if I'm not mistaken that requires Congressional approval as compared to the executive fiat Stormy Payment work around.

But I think the House would be agreeable- they've been hard at work on the crisis.

Have to see what the Senate says when they get back from vacation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: I have mixed feeling about "setaside".

First, let's get be fair, let the oil industry have 10% setaside as well.  Second, why are we letting our energy policy be determined by some Saudi prince (who murders and saws up his victims)?  It seems to me that we should be trying to insulate our energy sector from that kind of influence in the first place. Third, we don't know what kind of growing weather we're going to have.  Now isn't necessarily the time to limit production, rather we might want to hedge on the higher side this year and depend on price supports to take care of the price action. Let's not compound one emergency with another.  I agree with you that it's inefficient but maybe safer in the long run.

Keep in mind, we still import 11% of the oil we use, much of it from some of the worse countries.  You want a 10% setaside, let's start there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

more to farming / Ag than corn and soybeans.

before the common cold hit us , the Market was telling all , actually begging that you don't plant beans. The Market says do something else. 

I don't know what those alternative crops or avenues are per se , but rather than calling for more handouts how about people work on and concern themselves with coming up with those other ways to make it.  Plant it to annual grass and run some calves on it , do free range hogs , free range chickens ...... Maybe I'm wrong but if we continue with the way it's always been done then this will continue as it is.

this is an opportunity and the time to revolutionize and move forward.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

RJG-

Some small portion of my jaundiced view comes from the inability to get any discussion on ag policy matters even if it is fairly benign- 

But I'll continue to maintain that there may be a reason to support agriculture but there is no justification whatsoever for paying people to grow corn and soybeans. Other than the fact that we're locked into that paradigm in this crisis.

Pay for desired cropping and land use practices and let the market determine the rest.

People can choose to wildcat if they're so inclined.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Even if AGW is in fact a Agenda 21 Communist Soros Conspiracy to Take our Guns and Property for the AntiChirist and NWO-

-strictly in isolation it makes no nevermind whether you're paid for growing commodity crops or for green practices if the money's the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

.....of course you will have to have the Mark of the Beast tattooed on your forehead in order to receive the payments...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I think you need to take a break from your diatribes.  You seem to be getting closer to the edge every day.  

0 Kudos