cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Talk about slamming the door

No rain to speak of in the cornbelt for 10 days. Maybe longer. With 90 plus temps and wind.

Weld the freakin doors shut.

If the weather has indeed flipped for the summer there are going to be a lot of underwater shorts very quick

Be interesting to see Sunday nights open.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Talk about slamming the door

Global warming for the bears.

image.pnghttp___www.redlandbayhomoeopathy.com.au_uploads_images_polarbearclingingtoiceberg.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Oh BA how nice, you posted a picture of Donald
😂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

MT wasn't it just a couple days ago the cold and wet was killing the crop? And now the warm and dry is gonna kill it? Why even plant then? Just farm on paper
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

No crop insurance or ARC/PLC payments for the paper farmers...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hot and dry will kill a crop faster than cold and wet

Either way it's not good on a crappy start

We need warm with timely rains

As for government payments. I will not, I repeat will not receive a 2016 payment. I didn't get a 2014 payment and got very little 2015 payment (not enough to even pay my fuel bill). So I'm 1/4 for 3 on farm bill payment.

As for crop insurance. My gaurantee is pathetic unless harvest price gets irate.

I am set up to be a hero or zero when this is all said and done. 4 years of corn and 3 years of beans all waiting on a rip in prices by next summer.

We shall see.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

mi)zzu........i'm wondering.  most folks (at least around here took ARC)......would have PLC been even better ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Nope. 2014 didn't matter at all for any crop I had base for

2015 ARC was the best for the base I have

2016 I might have got (or would have got since it's not official till this fall) a tad bit for some PLC but it would not have made up the difference for what I did get in 2015 even though it want much.

So thus far my elections have been the most advantageous. The problem is the farm bill is written for I states not fringe states so I end up with jack*****.

crop insurance is the only thing I do utilize that usually pays and even it has its problems.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Not trying to be a smart a** but I gotta wonder how you pay bills while sitting on 4 yrs corn and 3 yrs beans. Is it
A) the farm is just a small hobby
B) you have a huge outside income
C) it's just a small part of those crop
D) your smarter than most of the rest of us
E) or???
Not many have a war chest that big or a banker that will go along that long
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

E. I'm dumber than a box of rocks.
0 Kudos