cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hwr247
Senior Contributor

Tariffs Again!

Cant believe the prez is willing to kiss 2+ years of tariff negotiation goodby! Wow   what a crazy path we r going down!  The country is still reeling from the covid 19 business and life shutdown and now this?  i cant take anymore deflationary sucess in commodities! 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Kromagnum

@hwr247 wrote:

Cant believe the prez is willing to kiss 2+ years of tariff negotiation goodby! Wow   what a crazy path we r going down!  The country is still reeling from the covid 19 business and life shutdown and now this?  i cant take anymore deflationary sucess in commodities! 

Cave man actions of Trump. 

He'll eventually run out of slack. 

He's a huge wreck on most issues.... Huge money Loser for All globally too. 

rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Soybean exports & the collapse of the American shale oil industry

Soybean exports/sales as of the last week of April have been 56.4, 54, 45, & 39 MMT for 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 respectively. 

Now, trump & the republicans have embarked on an aggressive campaign to blame China for the pandemic in order to deflect from trump's truly incompetent handling of the pandemic here in the US.  Obviously the Chinese deeply resent this, especially in light of the fact that they managed to keep Chinese deaths down to a few thousand compared to the tens of thousands of American deaths.  (You can argue about whether Chinese deaths were 3000 or 6000 but compared to the current 65,000 here, there's really no comparison.)

You simply cannot keep slapping your trading partners in the face and expect them to willingly honor any trade agreements.  Unfortunately, trump and the republicans (and I mean all the republicans) are doing this because they know that unless they can convince their supporters that somebody besides trump's truly incompetent response is to blame, trump & the republicans will suffer a catastrophic defeat.  Just this past week, trump reportedly flew into a rage  & a two-day funk when his campaign pollster, Parscales showed him internal polling data showing him losing badly.  It was only after Parscales reworked the data to show trump winning that trump's mood lifted.

Now this brings us to the topic of the imminent collapse of the American shale oil producers.  It is clear that the Saudis are deliberately taking advantage of the effect the pandemic is having on world oil consumption in order to ruin the American shale producers by keeping Saudi oil production up.  The Saudis haven't made any bones about why they're doing what they're doing.

This is especially ironic given that the Americans are spending billions on two naval fleets in order to protect Saudi oil shipments out of the Persian Gulf as well as substantial military forces in Quatar to protect Saudi Arabia from Iranian invasion.

Talk about gratitude!  In the words of our glorious leader, "worst deal ever".

What's ironic is trump's continued support of the Saudis.  The simple fact is, if trump really cared about saving the shale oil producers, all he'd have to do is threaten to withdraw the Sixth Fleet unless the Saudis cut production.  The fact that he doesn't tells you all you need to know about where his allegiance & interests lie. 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Question is, if the Chinese "euthanized" Covid 19 positive citizens, did they really die of Covid 19?  Apparently, not in their method of bookkeeping.  Contrast with this country, a positive testing Covid person gets hit by a Mack truck.."aw, he died of Covid 19!....Trump`s fault!!!".  

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: The real question is.....

How many million tons of pork's got to get landfilled before you realize trump's malicious moron.

hwr247
Senior Contributor

well put!   He may be a businessman but most executives treat their customers with quiet respect and diplomacy not ranting put downs in the public spotlight!  The realm of another 4 years of this would be very hard to take as he would not need to be nice to anyone because our votes would not be needed to reelect anymore

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

President Trump has treated me better than any president that I can recall.   He leave me the hell alone, that`s all I ask of a politician is to leave me the hell alone.  My backhoe is used for installing drain tile, not burying my guns to hide from Beto ORouke the "gun czar".  My hogs are scheduled to market Monday morning, life`ll be good if you let it. 

0 Kudos
dwillinois
Contributor

So in your world reward china for bad behavior, CHI-NA is not our friend blame them for shutting down Smithfield this is what happens when you ***** yourself to the communist for over 30 yrs but keep doing the orange man bad thingy because its all ya got.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yeah, a few threads down Rick says "evil evil evil Trump is cracking the whip making workers go back to butchering hogs!!!"  now it`s "Trump is sending hogs to the landfill!!!".  So which is it?   Classic Lib, heads I win, tails you lose.

0 Kudos
bruce MN
Advisor

I doubt anyone is saying the ANYBODY is “sending” hogs to the landfill.

The virus is sending hogs to the landfill. The virus is determining that millions of people who would hav e normally gone out for a meal or two sometime over the weekend will be dining at home.

You are proving nothing other than the fact that you have a wild imagination.

0 Kudos