cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

Tell The USDA When To Release Their Report

Here is the USDA WASDE news release with the information you need to submit your recommendation for the release time.  it is pretty easy.  I used the URL they listed as the direct contact.  I copied it and pasted it into the browser.  It brings up a form that is easy to fill out.  You don't have to fill in all the personal information.

Thirty-Day Public Comment Period on Statistical Reports

WASHINGTON, June 8, 2012 - The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) is accepting public comment now throught July 9, 2012 as part of its review of release times and procedures for several major statistical reports. Due to recent changes in market hours by major commodity exchanges, the National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) and the World Agricultural Outlook Board (WAOB) - The USDA entities responsible for the reports - are reviewing release times and procedures of the following statistical reports:

World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates,
Acreage,
Cattle,
Cattle on Feed,
Crop Production,
Grain Stocks,
Prospective Plantings,
Quarterly Hogs and Pigs,
and Small Grain Summary.

The current USDA release times of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. ET will remain in effect until further notice.

To submit an official comment via the Federal Register, visit http://1.usa.gov/FR-06082012 or comment directly at www.agcounts.usda.gov/optin/136771 .

This electronic message contains information generated by the USDA solely for the intended recipients. Any unauthorized interception of this message or the use or disclosure of the information it contains may violate the law and subject the violator to civil or criminal penalties. If you believe you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete the email immediately.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Tell The USDA When To Release Their Report

I would really like to tell them what to do with their report.   Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Re: Tell The USDA When To Release Their Report

"I would really like to tell them what to do with their report.  "

Then, I'd think you'd want to suggest a release time that has least impact on your marketing plans. 

0 Kudos