cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Temperature - How's the front feeling up there?

US: Current Temperatures

0 Kudos
7 Replies
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: Temperature - How's the front feeling up there?

US: Current Weather

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: Temperature - How's the front feeling up there? - local

a se ND farmer says local forecast calls for 30* Fri am. 20% beans are turning - would be ok - the remainder would take pretty large hit if it gets that cold.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, it`s raw in NCIA, Sat morning is a call for 36º...the thing is on deals like this it always gets colder than what`s predicted.  There`s alot of green beans and it will be interesting if there`s any "silage smell" Saturday afternoon.

My concern is a wet, late harvest with winter setting in a little too early. I could see places where they`d just let the corn sit over winter if it was 30% moist and a poor basis that had corn in the low 2s.  Not saying that that would be significant to the price scheme of things, but in local areas it could be devastating.

Barring a world "event" to bail us out, it`s gonna take low prices to cure these low prices.

0 Kudos
Jameshh1964
Senior Contributor

It's cooling off in Oregon. Only got to 82 degrees today. Nights are in the low 40s. Dry as a bone still. Filberts are dropping already... crazy early harvest year.
0 Kudos
idalivered
Advisor

dang it's cold!! 45 degrees in january is a heat wave and but in first part of sept , it's freezing. we have a windchill this morning in north iowa. frost does not improve the "drydown" on corn!!

0 Kudos
NCILL
Frequent Contributor

Vrbuck claims the frost is s farse. So please stop posting factual information to prove he is incorrect

Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

IDA, I'd call it the middle of September versus the first part. Not sure those few days make a difference in July, but in September I believe they do.
0 Kudos