cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Testing chart posting

Somebody said awhile back that they were having a hard time posting charts and graphs. So, I decided to try it out.

Here's a look at the Dec. '13 Corn chart:

chart(32).png

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Testing chart posting

Mike I think some of my problems earlier were source related.   Like I might have been trying to transfer something that was restricted use.  

Not that I would do anything like that ----------- not me.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Mike,

how did you get chart on...been trying from my software???

step by step would be greatSmiley Happy

thanks,

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

c-x-1,

Note: Copy and paste these instructions onto Word or some other place, while you have the website up. If you can look at the instructions at the same time you are seeing the site, it will make it a lot easier to step through them.

Yeah, so go to the Markets section of our website and then click on the words 'commodity prices' located in the gray area, just below the maroon-colored header.

2. After you click on 'commodity prices' you will then be taken to that page with a list of commodities. Click on the commodity, for this example, corn.

3. Once you click on Corn, you will then get a list of contracts.

4. Click on the contract of your choice. I chose the Dec. '13 contract for my test.

5. The chart will then come up for that contract.

6. Now, go to the bottom left, right below the chart and you will see the words "Save Chart'.

7. Click on 'Save Chart'. It will be saved on your computer as a download. So, look for it in your download section.

8. Just a few more helpful tips. Once you have it on your computer, simply open a thread in Marketing Talk and when you are in area that you usually type your message, click on the little green tree icon, to the left of the font family and size area. It will then ask you to browse for your chart and you can find it in your download area. BUT, don't forget to give the chart a medium size, right before you post. If it's posted as a 'large' size it will be really really big on your post.

Let me know if you need further help. It really is very easy, once you have done it once. I expect to see a lot more charts and graphs with folks' posts from here on out.

Mike

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

thank you Mike,

i will try it that-a-way!!

think i figured out another way,as well.

c-x-1

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Prompt/Jul bean spread, rallying 10 cents last 2 sessions - indicating nearterm strength.

ScreenShot001.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thanks Mike and cx-1

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

sw,

you betcha

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Tried to post .jpg ...

${arg:exception.imageMeta.originalFileName}: Wrong Image Format This image was a different file type than expected. We expected it to be '${arg:exception.imageMeta.mimeType}', but it was actually 'image/png'.

Convert to .png ...

Chart_0.png

Accumulated Exports - World Total Soybeans Selected Year: 2012-2013 as of 01/31/2013

Maybe it's just the file?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

You got the chart upside down

These guys have been saying for months that the corn market can only go up!

0 Kudos