cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Thank you JR!!

JR deserves a standing ovation from all of us folks. If it wasn't for his enterprise and the thousands like his, the public wouldn't have paniced over $8 per gallon milk and we wouldn't be getting those direct payments in 2013.

Now that $8 milk would raise havoc with our grocery budget. The Mrs. is my age and she hasn't been weaned yet. At least 2 gallon a week and a bit more when the little ones visit.

So I am so grateful that I will be getting those measily little direct payments. It may even be enough to pick up the tab for the wife's milk addiction. So a big thank you to JR and folks like him.

Come on guys a standing ovation!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
unlgrad
Senior Contributor

Re: Thank you JR!!

Our family goes through 5-6 gallons per week.  $40 - $48 on milk per week would have been a game changer for many large families that drink milk.  $8 milk at the store, would JR have profited as much as the processor, that is the question.

0 Kudos
jjoseph
Frequent Contributor

maybe they could cut down on the expensive pop, woops  ! they could care less what that costs

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

I don't think it was JR, as much as it would have been the million + voters, who would have wanted to know what was going on.

I don't think if JR was offered $7 a gallon for his milk, that he'd demand he be paid less.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

I'm guessing he would just squander it on bills, feed for his cows, and more cows.

0 Kudos
GoredHusker
Senior Contributor

I sometimes have to question our mindset.  $8.00 a gallon milk brings the whole thing down, yet we don't blink an eye at $4.00 a gallon for gas?  A family might very well use 5-6 gallons a milk per week, but I'd be willing to bet they use a lot more gallons of gasoline or diesel than that a week and think nothing of it.  I've seen people drive to a larger town just to save 10 bucks all the while spending 20 bucks for fuel alone rather than buying something in our small local town. 

When one looks at what a ribeye steak costs at the store, it really puts 8 buck milk into perspective.  This is what I think most of Americans lack:  perspective.

0 Kudos
Nebrfarmr
Veteran Advisor

Good point, I've seen people pay around $4 a gallon for bottled water, and that is here in Nebraska, where the water fountain water, is probably just as pure (or better), or $6 a gallon or so for soda.

These same people think anything over $4 for milk is ripping them off.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

$7 Corn is 12.5 cents per pound.........wheat is as cheap or cheaper depending..........

Think about how much all the other stuff we consume cost per pound..........

makes corn and wheat look really freaking cheap..........heck soya are only 25 cents per pound.........

guys raw materials are still DIRT FING CHEAP.................THIS COUNTRY HAS AN ADDICTION TO BEING LAZY AND WE WILL PAY FOR CONVENIENCE NO MATTER THE COST OR HOW LITTLE TIME IT SAVES US..........

NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OTHER BULLSHAT THIS "IM TOO GOOD TO DIG A DITCH" SOCIETY HAS GOTTEN............

0 Kudos