cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Thanking Sue for these High Soy prices

We should all thank Sue for her input on Soy price perspective. As I remember she was the one telling us about the possible soybean run a couple of months ago, I wonder what she is thinking now? How far could this run go? Silver, Soybeans and Cotton all have pretty high spike on the charts. Silver is running hard right now, can it continue. My favorite right now is the wheat market. The charts look good in that it has old highs to take out and the fundamentals are becoming more bullish all the time. If corn continues up wheat is going to have to move up too or there will wheat being fed and with the prospects of a smaller global wheat market we can hardly afford that. Another USDA report to pump up the already high corn market we will will fine where rationing may start. Maybe it has already started in feed usage . When the ports get all those Beans out maybe corn exports will pick up. I'm buying into the wheat market tomorrow, it's the only grain left to POP! Thanks and you all have a good day. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Thanking Sue for these High Soy prices

Just remember silly Sue was talking higher prices from the fall of 04 through 05 also and she wasn't right then.  So I guess the moral here is that if you call for higher prices long enough someday you will be right. JR

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Re: Thanking Sue for these High Soy prices

Aren't those wind farm checks enough to keep you happy?  Don't be blowing all the money speculating or you'll wish you'd never seen them. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who 's blowing in the wind here?

Speculating in the markets?? You must have thewrong guy?? And how do you know about those towers? I just get to farm around them. The paycheck I never see. $20,00 Soy HAHA!  If I had as maney towers as you I'd retire

0 Kudos
Contributor

Re: Who 's blowing in the wind here?

I drove through Kinsman a couple times this summer on the way to Verona.  I don't have any yet but they keep telling us they're coming to our neighborhood soon.  It won't bother me if they don't show up if the markets stay high.  But we've got some $300 rents not too far from us so in a couple I might need some tower income.  We were told 2013 and now maybe 2014.  You really can't believe anything these guys say. 

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Re: Needing tower income to support Rental ?

I know you have to be smarter than that. I rent the ground Tower income goes to landlord. So where will you get tower income to support your Farm addiction. Just kidding. Tower income has nothing to do with cash rent prices.

0 Kudos