cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

That sucking sound...

That Time said was going to be heard in the east will also be noticeable here in South Podunk Country Iowa.

Not just in the beans but in most of the  corn fields too.

Was hauling contracted old crop corn the last few days and at the elevator right by their front door was a table with about  30 ears of corn. About five or six samples of different hybrids they sell. Only one sample of five ears would have been there if I was doing it.

Really sad little skinny samples. All of them had population counts, etc. Worst one said it would go 165..... In a pigs eye.

Do not think there was any of them with that one exception that will go over 135 field average. Going to look like dented popcorn in the grain tank. Just no kernel size on that stuff.

Their moto is "serving the best growers". Wonder how many of those growers have sold that 165+ yield they have been told is out there ?

It has been another year without sunshine just most days with just daylight. Most corn fields around here ran out of gas on the finish.

Ear size was screwed up in June with the every third day rain thing. 

One more year of this and the farming landscape is going to be ... four big growers and 10 little farmers per county. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: That sucking sound...

Just don't be the last one to have a farm sale.........................Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Left the rose coloreds in the other truck, huh?  I doubt that I will see it but USDA believes the day is coming when they can fill every one's needs will computer module generated yieldsSmiley Wink

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Yep, that and 3-D printers in every FSA office, cranking out the production whenever anyone challenges their model.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Works with money,,,,, why not grains....

0 Kudos