cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: The 5% factor

Lol, right now as it stands running 20.425 trillion in debt are government. So if you think the tax payers are not the ones already paying for our checks your wrong. It’s just sad that we’re having this conversation as the rich get richer. Remember the middle class income,? You won’t in another couple years because it won’t exist.
0 Kudos
Contributor

It is sad. But if you are a taxpayer then it is highly likely that there is government subsidy involved someplace in your employment. If not then you are getting screwed .  I try to put anything I get in subsidy back into the economy. No offshore accounts for this old farmer. It is a moral dilemma for myself and most other farmers. You know, we are feeding the world.... Status Quo. I just want to see my farm survive to the seventh generation.  Who knows what will happen. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

We bought farms with the Pick and Roll. Had a sister who was a elevator manager in South Dakota. I live in the heart of the corn belt. Enough said.

0 Kudos
Contributor

And South America is a mess. We need and always have been able to stay a step ahead of them. When they talk of South American bushels how much of that converts to wealth? Would you sell and move there ?

The next generation of wealth lies with those who can produce the right amount of the right products for the right profit margin without feeding the machine. Is that a liberal notion? Maybe, but I have never voted for a democrat yet have seen the writing on the wall for many years.. The public wants safe food produced without polluting the world. That would be the public that does that is aware enough to actually care, have jobs and pay taxes. 

Or we just keep the pedal to the metal. I will survive either way. I would like to leave this world a better place.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Set yours aside. I'll plant mine.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

end crop insurance assistance...........and all those fringe acres in Indiana will suffer

0 Kudos