cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eurofarmer1755642
Contributor

The French

Today France will take every french people home from Japan....they just don`t trust authoritys on how dangerous the situation is!!!

Above that ...no import of food from Japan because of the risk !!

If the French will come out right and the Japaneese people don`t wont to eat domestic products either than the situation will be more serious than ever!!!!!!

A small point more from EU our canola is more winterkilled than  most years  worst Poland and Germany

No export surplus is likely!!!

BW

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Artifice
Senior Contributor

Re: The French

when have the french been right?

0 Kudos
Jim Meade / Iowa City
Senior Advisor

I lived in Munich, GE when Chernobyl went up.  We kept the kids indoors for a couple of days.  We took special care of some foods for a while.  But, all in all, it was not a big deal.  We were upwind for most (not all) the release.

The Germans note with a raised eyebrow that France has many, many reactors - nearly all on the Rhine - with Germany downwind if there is a problem.  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
farmersaw
Frequent Contributor

HAHAHA....   right on the money arty  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: The French and an upstart gang of Revolutionaries 1776

The French backed the winning horse in 1776 with advisors, loans, and ships. Of course, looking back at how the revolution spread and toppled the French royalty, they might have been better served by backing their enemy , the English crown.

So yeah, maybe even then they did the wrong thing for their own interests.

We love to pick on the French, but don't we all love their fries, toast, and kissing?

0 Kudos
Artifice
Senior Contributor

I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me.” General George S. Patton quotes

0 Kudos
oncearound
Veteran Contributor

ah yes some of Patton's famous quotes.......conveniently he forgot to mention that standing between him and that German division where 5000+ US servicemen!!!!!!! Broadway Joe made similar remarks about the Colts defense back early in '69.........quarterbacks,  eh? 

0 Kudos