cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The Headline Reads : Lower Food Prices Now Assured

With today's CBOT action, it is demanding that the price of food drops significantly.  If prices don't sink by a lot, it's time for farmers to go on strike.   Yeah, yeah........I know that will never happen.  However, people need to start demanding lower prices for their food at the grocery stores and restaurants.

After all, it's what the USDA wants..........they are not just happy with affordable food, they obviously want CHEAP food.

For end users, Christmas came in August this year.   In reality, it's been coming after every USDA report for quite some time.

6 Replies
Contributor

Re: The Headline Reads : Lower Food Prices Now Assured

Unbelievable today what they can get away with sayin my local fsa office just sent me an email saying 19.4 million acres of preventive planting and over 11 million is in the corn category and we come out with a report of near record yield and almost a 14 billion bushel crop!!! I mean ***** are they trying to prove here ??  This one just takes the cake !!! I couldn’t sleep at night if I were controlling this many livelihoods the way they are !!! Ok rant over guess I should be used to it by now 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: All they did today was......

All they did today was take that $60 of MFP and give it to the end users and futures traders.

You didn't really think you were suppose to have that, anyways, did you?

0 Kudos
Advisor

@roarintiger1 wrote:

With today's CBOT action, it is demanding that the price of food drops significantly.  If prices don't sink by a lot, it's time for farmers to go on strike.   Yeah, yeah........I know that will never happen.  However, people need to start demanding lower prices for their food at the grocery stores and restaurants.

After all, it's what the USDA wants..........they are not just happy with affordable food, they obviously want CHEAP food.

For end users, Christmas came in August this year.   In reality, it's been coming after every USDA report for quite some time.

The good old USA consolidated market system is So Sickly Far Out There Now,  I don't think even thee most far out Fictitionist could even dream this stuff up. .

Cattle action today is send Every Fat and Feeder Load to a Co in Mexico  .

0 Kudos
Contributor

I want Perdue to show us the math on this one!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Cummins Filteration moved a filter plant to Mexico leaving 500 people in the community without jobs, but I didn`t see a drop in the price of oil filters...where`d that money go?  Guess I should`ve bought stock in the Cummins company.  And that`ll be the same with the cheap cattle, cheap hogs and cheap feed that they eat, it won`t translate into cheaper food prices.  Food is already cheap and there`s an obesity problem in the US, I don`t know if people can eat any more even if the prices get lower.   Smiley Happy  

But imagine if we had the 95 million corn acres and 85 million bean acres and 180 corn yield and 60 soybean yield? And everyone on here talking about "monster crop!"  Uff-Dah!

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Re: All they did today was......

rickgthf

Maybe the $60 was never intended to be paid. Couple more reports like this and the whispers could start that we don't need the MFP,  the tariffs didn't hurt the markets, the over production did it.

0 Kudos