cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECIN
Senior Advisor

The Janitor and the Metal of Honor

A good friend sent this to me yesterday and thought  you might like  to read it too -- it was to long to do  a copy and paste - but here's the link to it .

To me this is a very special holiday -- but a very sad one at the same time - it is to remember thoughts that paid the ultimate price - -- So WE can enjoy this country we call America -- Home of the Free and the Brave --

http://patriotpost.us/alexander/18325

6 Replies
JCCWIS
Senior Contributor

Re: The Janitor and the Metal of Honor

Ken.... Thanks for posting....That brought a tear to my eyes....John

0 Kudos
bullrider685114
Veteran Contributor

Where the galldarn "like" button?

0 Kudos
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Click the star below his name,,,, on the left side.

0 Kudos
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Thanks for posting that...I printed it out for my sons to read, and am going to give the copy to my nephew, a war veteran from the Middle East wars.

Reading about the nature of the man...his modesty...made me think of what a contrast he is to those that pretend to be our leaders. Kudos for posting that link.

I know that I visit the graves of relatives and friends on Memorial day to pay my respects...my late father, uncle, grandparents..a couple of childhood friends that died in tragic accidents...a couple other close friends that succumbed to cancers. I am also going to look for the grave of a neighbor that was shot down in WW II, the son of the neighboring successful farm family that probably just wanted to do his service and return to continue his family's farming tradition and never got the chance.

A good time to remember all the men like him that paid the ultimate price for us to live our lives in freedom. Also a good time to pay for wise leadership to try to prevent the loss of our servicemen in misguided wars.

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

Excellent off Ag topic read ECIN, probably makes the top 3 list I've ever read on this site.  This article should remind us all to take some time out of our extended holiday weekend to revisit a cemetery of a fallen military Veteran a show them the respect they undoubtedly earned.

One of our little local country cemetery's has a military type memorial service every Memorial Day morning complete with Honor and Color Guard including a 21 Gun Salute.  What makes this event so precious is all soldiers involved in this ceremony are retired military men from WWII, Korea and Vietnam.  Some of the WWII Veterans are really starting to show their age, but their respect they show for our flag still today has lost nothing.  I know all these men very well and speak to most of them on a weekly basis, but on this particular day I refer to them as Sir and shake each and everyone of their hands and even a warm hug if they so desire.  I am truly in debt to these individuals (and all Veterans) and will be my entire life.  I want them each to know that I respect and appreciate everything they have done for all of us.  Memorial Day belongs 100% to the Veterans and their families.

0 Kudos
r3020
Senior Advisor

Thanks Ken. Nothing to add.

0 Kudos