cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

The axis of..........

well call it what you want........

keep an eye and ear towards whats going on with Iran and Israel.........

lets just hope if it comes to it, our CAC has a big enough set to flex our military muscle like it should be flexed and END THINGS with a message.........a message that says we are tired of playing nice, if you cant be peaceful and play nice you will be squished and the spoils of war will rein..........

and if you dont think this has anything to do with the US..........the fact many (not just the US) believe they have a long range missle capable of reaching the US makes it our problem........not to mention they are in Israel's backyard...........

as for grains, I think marketeye termed it as a black swan event the last time I asked...........I think its safe to say fear will be the first emotion and that usually mean look out below except for oil in this case............

0 Kudos
17 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: The axis of..........

Rigging the price of oil to $50 for a couple years is a very cheap way to get rid or Iran.

That would be cheap for the American people, not necessarily cheap for oil investors or commodity/short dollar investors.

So send your kids to die for us if you'd like.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

Wasn't that long ago we heard of the" metal cylinders" in Iraq---guess it was a "decade" ago and before this Iran was being intimidated by Iraq--- old politicans like to have teenagers  go getem---

0 Kudos
DW11
Veteran Contributor

I'm all for strategic air strikes to take out Iranian nuclear facilities if we have good intelligence, but we have to be smart about things.   The only way to eliminate the threats for all time is to level the place and kill or capture everyone there including "civilians.".  That is not allowed by the laws of war anymore, nor would our civilized society allow such action.  

One could argue that the terrorists on 9/11 caused little damage to America compared to the trillions we have spent in fighting wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.    I'm not saying don't severely punish those who do us wrong--I am saying air strikes and limited ground engagements to take out Al qaeda would have been smarter in the long run than spending trillions to take and hold and rebuild  Iraq and Afghanistan.   We need to pick our battles.

Give Israel the green light, but be ready for the consequences of such action.

0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

I'm not sure you guys comprehend the threat........50 oil or 100......they are hell bent and will get there......... War is never a good option........would you rather fight it with a nuclear threat or not......... This thing will come to a head whether we like it or not.......so it's better to be in control.........48 hours of aggressive airstrikes could yield zero casualties for the US...........if done right...... Ironic part about this is.........people will protest war and ethanol in the same breathe........ Edit: if you really thought Iraq was a threat, you were dooped........Iraq was all about cleaning up an idiot that would be a thorn in our side later.........you take out the weak perimeter first, then gut the threat.........Iran is exposed and they know it, thus their aggressiveness lately........
0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

Wow, we haven't learned from the the Iraq war, Vietnam. Total waste of life and resources. Let Israel take care of themselves. Every other country does.
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

That is another option.........lock down the borders and let the world tears itself apart.........
0 Kudos
DW11
Veteran Contributor

Iran may be nervous about the Arab spring coming to their neighborhood, but they are agressively filling the power vacuum in Iraq.  We took out Iran's biggest threat in Saddam Hussein, now they are lining up support in Iraq.

0 Kudos
giolucas
Veteran Advisor

If we are so concerned over Israel then why don't we save the cubans from Fidel or the Venezuelans from Chavez. We cannot Police The World.
0 Kudos
Mizzou_Tiger
Senior Advisor

That's why the first Bush didn't take SH out........to keep everyone in check for awhile longer........Iran has been on a nuclear path for awhile.........sanctions are a joke........it's like taking a gun from a criminal, and letting them go.........they will find another gun and another way.........
0 Kudos