cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The battle continues

Moisture 16-20%, not going to say yield because I don`t believe it myself, but by far historic best field yield.  Poet at Handlin`town had a little fire so area coops got very busy.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: The battle continues

We didn’t keep a log,  but by rough recall you lost that crop 4 or 5 times.

Happy, and relieved, for you.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The harvest battle is over here at South Podunk country farms. 

40% of beans are sold for Dec delivery.

12% of corn sold for Dec delivery.

So the pricing and hauling battle commences...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

It`s been a great harvest so far in this area, most are done and tillage, strip tillage finished.  Yields have been excellent, rain snow delay so I went trucking a few days.  But it`s weird, late September my Son and i went to Yosemite, he got the permit to climb Half Dome so you gotta go when you get the permits.  On way back I could see combines hitting the beans in western Minnesota from 35,000 feet, about 10 hours after wheels down in Minneapolis I was combining. 

I saw bears in Yosemite, but no bears in the market when I got back to Ioway  Smiley Happy   But these Bigshots went through this crop like a knife through hot butter.  I  had some 97 day Pioneer where I live in northern part of county for feed and 200 bushel yield 14.5% moisture, more just in time rains/sprinkles southern part of county and yields much better of course wetter grain, which is a good trade off.   The last rows are out there somewhere, just ain`t found em yet.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos