cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

The call from Rand Financial??

Jump to solution

Can anyone report getting the call from Rand Financial to collect those 80,000 corn yields??

Don't get me wrong,  I think he's right on his numbers, especially from my 2011 experience.

But I enjoy statistics.  And know the work it takes to collect them accurately.  And see red flags when the they are overused.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: The call from Rand Financial??

Jump to solution

He had MT on speed dial and just kept calling him! LOL

Just havin fun MT!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Thanks Jr.  that's good  Smiley Happy

Scott answered my question on another post just now.  And I am more comfortable with it if he is.

Worry about u livestock guys.  You are my customers and we are going to look back on 2011 & 2012 and see some serious "stretch marks" from the uncomfortable position we are all facing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

Jump to solution

That caught my attention as well  " and n. iowa, for instance, we collected 18,000 corn yields from eight separate sources.".  That is over 2000 from each source.  Connections in the crop insurance companies maybe?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
Yes it is hard to know what is public info now. But, crop ins. Claims, or even participants might b a skewed stat.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

Why would info from a crop insusrance company be skewed?  Are you suggesting fraud?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

If all your seeing is the loss claims are you going to know about the all good yields with no claims?

He could intrapulate the figures into a general area and get an educated guess I suppose. He could assume that if there were a lot of claims the rest were hurting too.

I have been reading this site for some time and am impressed with the marketing section participants. Good job.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Jump to solution
You need to certify your yields every year with the insurance company whether you have a claim or not. That is if you want any kind of a history for your established yields. I would think that by now they would have a good handle on most of the yields they insured. I suppose they then could sell the generalized information to crop analysts.
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

Jump to solution
I agree, I certify every year. I would think that most guys that certify don't report a low end yield.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution
My thought was...not everyone participates. A strong producer in a low risk area may choose to opt out. As stated, not taking ins, just turning in good history, etc. Not a mandatory program, therefore a higher % of hi risk acres will be in compared to low risk acres.
Am I off?
0 Kudos