cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

The day after

So, is the sun shining a little brighter at your farm after yesterday's USDA reports?

Good stuff from Roy Smith this weekend: "Some thought the boat was loaded too far to the negative side. Some actually expressed bullish sentiments. My experience over the years is that when so many traders and farmers feel the same way,  prices are setting up for a surprise. It is a manifestation of the Murphy’s Law “What everyone knows ain’t worth knowing”. In the case of today’s market what everyone knew was wrong and the minority was right."

Everybody bustin' out the short pants and t-shirts today with this heat wave hitting? Man, it's beautiful here in central Iowa this morning! Get out there and enjoy it!

4 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: The day after

Well, if below a 1 billion bu corn carry is a little tight, let's say this yr there's 87m acres harvested with 145 nat yield. There we'd be with tight stocks again, given the solid 13 billion bu demand. So, there is a glimmer of light, we just need a little weather problems...for our own good Smiley Happy

'13 was a "wet year" for pretty much everyone and everyone was happy with yields, considering. Some never had it so good ever(not around here) that tells me most corn ground that's currently in production is more at risk from a drought than a yr that's too wet.
0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Watched the US Farm Report today,  Bill Biederman didn't appear to be too happy with yesterday's report. He probably had to listen  to many upset clients that he had leaning the wrong way.  

Veteran Advisor

March Soybean chart looks ugly.  Before the report it went up to 1297 and then dropped.  It was still positive at the end of the day but I think corn had a lot to do with that. 

I think corn will help it from any free fall.  We might see 1220 this week.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

I think 1255-1250 will hold in the SH.

0 Kudos