cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The market is not trading a frost calamity

Or do i have to wait a couple more hours?

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The market is not trading a frost calamity

My understanding was that the area in Nebraska that was frosted guesstimated at 10-20% of bean yield lost due to plant death. Other areas are going to be affected differently. Corn largely unaffected. In the scheme of things it's incremental. It would be difficult to quantify the total impact.

I heard the western Canadian Plains was hammered - with no numbers attached.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

No great white hope for undersold bulls
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If the "great white hope" you're referring to is frost, the only ones that will benefit is the traders, not the producers.  No producer wants that now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Correction: no farmer wants them on themselves, but if it happens to happen to someone else it's great
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Lots of farmers with nothing sold have been hyping it for a week so they can get sales on the books. The inner net exploded with news how prices are getting higher. Amateur meteorologists hyped the event as the bears folly. It was hyped.
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Yes this was a frost event.

No it was not a FREEZE calamity.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Markets just feel too heavy.  Not even a Frost scare can lift these prices substantially. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

sounds like a trader here using some psychology to trap some shorts  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

VR, first of all, with you being a genius and all, I would've thought that at least once over the past two weeks, as I started telling what I saw in the forecasts, you could've separated out the fact that I said over and over again that this was going to be a frost event, and not a freeze. Hobby saw that - I think most everyone else did. If you didn't see it, maybe you needed to read more of what I said.

I have no stake in these prices going higher or lower. Most farmers, at this point, want the price to go lower for insurance purposes. I know that. But you sure don't seem to get it. My reporting on the frost wasn't a hurrah by farmers by any means. But it was the truth, and it could've been much, much worse.

VR, look at my posts. Show me where I was wrong the entire last two weeks. Show me that I said anywhere, anytime, other than Canada, where I said this event was going to be a kill.

But then, let's look at your posts. I'm going to refrain from name calling, and, I'm not even going to post some of what you wrote in the last two weeks. I just want to know - WHERE IS THE BIG GAP DOWN THAT YOUR BIG BRAIN SAID WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TODAY? Where is it smart guy? Your big brain being shown how wrong it is by mere Amateur Meteorologist? To me, you just slapped yourself in the face, because you were proved wrong by someone without any initials behind her name. So - that puts you big brain status - where? You like the three stooges, maybe you should join them and use your big brain for the comedian you think you are.

Jen
0 Kudos