cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The market is not trading a frost calamity

Jen let it go girl, you're fighting a battle of "he said she said" where there are no real winners, only whinners.  We all appreciate your weather posts and comments and find them very beneficial.  If there is/was damage to these crops the final numbers will tell the untold story at some time.  We all know the floor doesn't trade conditions at hand, it trades the trend at hand and right now it just isn't producer friendly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Jen
Ya gotta throw the fish back in the water and let him go. I think most of us have figured out what kind of guy v buck is.
No sense in wasting any more energy on a situation you can't change. He is what he is.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

But I was hoping for a big mouth b-ass to hang up on my wall. But maybe your right. I already have one of those talking fish up on the wall. Don't know if I could get him hung and get the taxidermist to get all the bear poop out of it, and then it would probably stink. You really think I should let him go? I'm not so sure.

Jen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Yep let him go.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

NE Montana hit 19 degrees. Froze immature corn in the area.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Is there much corn in that area?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Some farmers are testing viability for super early corn as an alternative for pulse crops and peas in the rotation with HRW and spring wheat. Not sure of the acre numbers though.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Palouser; it was not frost that is the problem in Alberta and perhaps parts of Saskatchewan but heavy wet snow.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alberta-snow-bad-news-for-farm-crops-ahead-of-harvest-1.276216...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

There are beans and some corn not too far away in N Dakota. I'll guesss they were affected. The area in Canada north of there had canola and some wheat hit. They're done except salvaging some wheat that would have been green. I don't know exactly where they were at but I've been hearing they were behind and wet. Probably take a week to get any decent numbers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

I heard it's not pretty out on the praries
0 Kudos