cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

The top in farmland is here

Glenn Beck was saying the other day on his radio show it is time to invest in farmland so I figure the top is in.

17 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The top in farmland is here

So send me your sale bill 425. Do you really believe this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

I thought the top was in 2 years ago!   How's the saying go?   Market can stay irrational longer than we can stay solvent.  As long as the Feds keep puting 85 billion in each month, the snow ball will keep getting bigger.  When the currency tanks, that's when the tops will be iin for a lot of things.  Bric's will come up with new currency backed by gold silver and energy.  That's when we'll find out what the dollar is really worth.  Farm land that produces something of value maybe worth a lot then.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

It will not be worth anymore then than what it is now in real money.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If you are measuring it in dollars, then no, it has a lot higher to go yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

You're the first one that has admited to listening to this jacka$$.

Highlighted
Advisor

..Now Ida...don't you remember the old adage "Keep your friends close...and your enemies closer"! I think it applies here in a somewhat skewed way. You have to listen to these clowns so that you know what the extremes from each side is saying. Then you understand when the sheeple start believing they know the answer to everything. Hannity...Rush...they're pretty much all the same. (Notice I haven't included the left...I don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I've listened to anything they say.)

0 Kudos
Contributor

Silverwheaton you are on the right thought process here.  Land in my area is trading for 8 to 9 ounces of gold per acre(8 X $1600 = $12,800).  That would be $280 - $315/acre back in 1933 when FDR fixed the price of gold at $35/ounce.  I can't say for sure but I think that is too high for that era.  So our current farmland prices could drop or the price of gold could go up to bring us back to  a more normal 4 to 5 ounces per acre range.  Interestingly, in the 80's when farmland hit $4000 / acre in my area gold was at $800/ounce = 5 ounces/acre. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Maybe there..

Fringe acres will become the new Iowa.... To investors anyway. And as long as commods are strong there will always be a line of guys chewing at the bit to rent it,

I moved to fringe area 10 years ago and the land price was $500-1000 per acre. The new norm here is 3-4000. Investors think its a steel getting 3-4% return on rent... If commods stay strong I can see land doubling up again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Well looks like all his rantings put the top in gold.

0 Kudos