cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

The volcano

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/11/28/16712234/bali-volcano-eruption-agung-climate

Looks like a few climate scientists have taken a break from their vast conspiracy against Good People to give consideration as to whether the eruption might result in cooler temps next year.

As I'd thought, probably not yet but it isn't over either. Right latitude and this one has a recent history of doing that.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: The volcano

0.2°C isn't very much.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

10,000yrs ago most of Iowa was under a 1 mile sheet of ice, the ice melted and praise God we now raise +200bu corn.  I don`t think there were many Duramaxs, Cummins, Cats and lightbulbs back then.  So, the globalists can stick their ridiculous expensive fantasies where the Sun doesn`t shine.

0 Kudos
Advisor

The short term effects of volcanic aerosols on global weather seems a pretty well established phenomenon.

Neither the output or height of ejection from this event appear to rise to the standard, yet.

In a given year, .2C to the global annual mean is a big deal.

For BA, 2 degrees C continuously is a very big one.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It is point 2

Not 2, two would probably freeze over Canada
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

And.....that would be bad because????????

0 Kudos
Advisor

I said .2 in regard to the base conversation.

My response to BA' rant concerning the grievous indiginites vested upon him was regarding the positive increase in global mean temperature that "so called scientists" say would become quite serious.

So I guess I should have put it as +2C. Point being that the numbers that have an impact as expressed in global mean temp aren't huge.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Question #1...

If global warming even just a fraction of a degree is bad.

Then global cooling is good. If that is the case where you gonna put all the people that are north of the 49th parallel? Canada and half of Europe and a bunch of Asia.

0 Kudos