cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

Thee Global

On a Global Trust Worthy Scale in 2016 the USA ranked 4rth out of 100.

Today the USA has Dropped to 62nd out of 100.

Pretty darn Poor.  MO. 

20 Replies
illinifarmer
Advisor

Re: Thee Global

Curious what happened in the last 3 years that would have effected that statistic?  Rich, lying, crookss ? Embarrassing.  Have you by any chance seen the education stats?  Not even in the middle anymore overall below average in everything math, reading , and science.  Sad

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Senior Advisor

Instead of just getting wound up about the guy that's been there 3 years  let's get after the bums that have been there 20, 30 years or more!!  Go there poor and leave rich.  Community organizer to a home on Martha's Vineyard!!

Like Yakov said:  WHAT A COUNTRY

THROW ALL DA STINKERS OVERBOARD!!

By the way - who did the survey and who did they ask?

wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

@lsc76cat wrote:

Instead of just getting wound up about the guy that's been there 3 years  let's get after the bums that have been there 20, 30 years or more!!  Go there poor and leave rich.  Community organizer to a home on Martha's Vineyard!!

Like Yakov said:  WHAT A COUNTRY

THROW ALL DA STINKERS OVERBOARD!!

By the way - who did the survey and who did they ask?

$

U. S.  News and World report does the 2020 list of best and worst trustworthy countries.

They rate this annually.

They just made public their annual report on this.  

0 Kudos
freedom1493
Veteran Advisor

You mean the U.S. NEWS and WORLD REPORT that is owned by Mortimer Zuckerman, who claimed to have written some of President Obama's speeches and is notably a long-time supporter of Democrat causes.

... I know I would trust their survey results.  Smiley LOL  Just a sec, I am laughing so hard that I need a tissue.

wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

@freedom1493 wrote:

You mean the U.S. NEWS and WORLD REPORT that is owned by Mortimer Zuckerman, who claimed to have written some of President Obama's speeches and is notably a long-time supporter of Democrat causes.

... I know I would trust their survey results.  Smiley LOL  Just a sec, I am laughing so hard that I need a tissue.

Mr freedom,  perhaps your crying will awaken a Truth memory. 

Thee Best years farming had was under Obama.  

Thee highest grain prices,  the highest fed crop insurance price guarantees, thee highest livestock prices by Far etc.. 

On decent farm economies repubs are a Bust... Kinda like Hoover showed the repub way. LoL. 

0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

so we have a president who is trying and actually succeeding in a lot of cases to keep his campaign promises...  And we get that kind of drop in trustworthiness.  Give me break.  You can keep your USNWR survey.  Sounds like more fake news

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

8 years ago it was a different world there really was a zero percent interest rate policy and $80 billion/month  QE spending, not just talked about like now, my the short term memory some have.   2012 we had a drought that bailed us out, $150 oil and "Peak oil!  Peak oil!" hype.  There were Inflation funds that were always and only long commodities...well, their Tower of Babel came crashing down..."cure for high prices......".

That small taste of $8 corn and $14 beans has a long tail all over the world, once the golf course is plowed up for row crops chances are it will remain in row crops for 20 more years as long as it meets the fixed costs.  And that didn`t just happen "here", soil around the world defined as "a substance that will hold up a plant" will be utilized to it`s full productivity until producers get weary of banging their head against the wall and lenders pull the plug.

0 Kudos
timetippingpt
Honored Advisor

Kind of important to point out that the good times "under Obama" were the direct result of GWB/Congress (both dems and reps) implementing the ethanol mandate and we had to ramp up production to meet it, Obama had nothing to do with it. Global farmers, mostly driven by greed, did in fact ramp up production. Grain Prices are still 2x the pre-ethanol era btw. We have a cost problem, not really a price one.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If our input prices went back to the 2009 levels like our grain prices did ie, $150/bag seedcorn $200 potash, $8,000 Brent gravity wagons, ect  things would be pretty darn good.   Too many of our input suppliers still think there`s $7 corn bids at the elevator.