Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

They just can't get a break

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Contributor

Re: They just can't get a break

Yep  Same ole **bleep** just different day.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Down here in the former swamp of South Podunk country a 1/2 inch would be helpfull. The western 1/3 of Ks and OK could soak up what you guys have gotten the last week.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Got our usual weekend 2 incher with a dash of 1/2 inch plus during the week.

Things look rather crappy with some beans yet to plant or NOT.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

2 1/2" to 5" the last two nights along the North Iowa and Minnesota border. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

Are you done planting hobby? We were supposed to get 5" rain here over 5 days in Ontario and now nothing. Is that what happened to you? Must of lost energy somewhere.
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Those that aren`t finished with their beans in NCIA, this probably slamed the door shut on them too.  Meanwhile in La-La Land Mark Gold says `165 corn here we come!`.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Yep I'm done except for some wet spots that drowned out. Will do that right after lunch if the cloud just west of here doesn't pee on those plans.  Even did some worn out hay ground the other day.

Here is the last of the beans planted on the 13th of June on the good end of the field...

ResizedImage_1371890329626.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

If old McDonald had a farm in Ioway this year the song might be just a little different...

'Ol McDonald had a swamp

E I O E I O

And in this swamp He had a frog

E I O E I O

. . .

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I wish we could shift a pass or two of that to Southern Colorado.  The Rockies are burning down west of us and out of control.  The fires seldom cross the divide but this group hopped it easily.  If the south/sw winds maintains it could go for weeks and crawl north up the divide there is plenty of fuel.  

0 Kudos