cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Re: Things we need to work on--or push a rope versus pull a rope?

Since this is a marketing thread I think it is important to  remember "the consumer is the market". Listening to the consumer was often suggested  by my old professors in business marketing classes...although I did not hear the professors say that  very often in the agricultural marketing classes.  Just a thought.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Hey Hobby

I had to do some research here before repling on this subject .

After going threw the ISCO website ,  I found nothing who keeps an eye on companys that sell chemicals and fert. to  the public - like Wal- Mart or Home Depot .

So I made a call to the State Chemist's Office , They told me that it don't fall under them as to the size of packaging and what they sell is not a RUP .

Feed CAN be stored in the same room as chemicals as long as there off the floor and there kept away from containation from the chemicals , like open jugs , spill's on the floor and such , there is NO required distance from the produce from the feed .

Now My best guess is the same rules go for the stores too , may not be right OR safe , but with in guide lines .

Now this for Indiana , your state may be different .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Now you why they call food a commodity ---" feed or food "seems to fall in the same category to these folks --- prime example of the dumbing down   - what's next dog food in the meat case which we are having trouble distinguishing now ---

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Well Chit Fire 289 !  Thats was the problem ! I got some meat the other day that was pretty dang bad ,  Maybe I was in the wrong section of the meat counter and picked out Dog Food !!!

Thanks K-289 ! your a life saver !

I will pay better attention next time ! LOL

0 Kudos