is that a ghost that the dozer is fending off?Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Re: This evenings picture

ResizedImage_1386283812623.jpg

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor

I sure would like to have more of the story to go along with this. Is that steam or smoke or ?? Neat pictures, but inquiring minds want to know.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Morning Hobby,  with the cold blast that moved in recently it looks like you scraped of the cold/frozen layer to expose the warm moist ground underneath?  Either that or you've got a peat fire!!

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

ResizedImage_1386292946029.jpg

Two nights before it was a burning brush pile.

I sorted out the remaining large unburt pieces with the Excavator and then dug a grave for the rest. The hot moist soil really steamed in the 9 degree temps yesterday morning for about five minutes after each of the initial passes with the dozer going to the hole.

one of the larger trees that got removed ...

ResizedImage_1386078716102.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor

So much for Carbon credits
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

As it was 9 degrees and I was cold, I did my best to get a little global warming going on.

Have yet to be offered anything of value to have left the trees and brush grow. BUT the tax man thinks and taxes me like it is prime crop ground... and now it is.

The rows that match up with this area and will now go straight through went well over 200 bu this year. At $4.28 corn that more than pays to get r done.

Nodaway silt soil...6 to 15 feet deep in the cleared off area(s). NHEL rated ground...the kind that should be farmed.

Next year will still be a touch and go thing and then 15 years at least of 1 lb of nitrogen raising 1 1/2 to 2 bu of corn. Will be raising my own peak of corn.

0 Kudos