This is a must see video

Youtube video called Genetic Roulette:

0 Kudos
35 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: This is a must see video

Mike,

Nice video but did not see it all.  My sister's Mother in Law died two years ago of Alzheimers and one of the doctors told my sister that United States is the number in the world with these cases.  She asked what he thought it could be attributed to and the answer he gave her was lead.  We drink and eat most of our food from canned containers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Dr. Huber gave a speech here 2 years ago in N E Nebraska and he was completely blown off as a tree hugging fanatic -the guy has a lot of credentials like Purdue and a military back ground  - genie out of the bottle and now what about the easy -quick - convenient ---wonder how many folks will have the stomach to watch the whole video ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Mike - great video best hour and a half I have spent in a long time.   I did not know Glyphosate was a problem . . . but I do now.  Anyone out there have any Pella or Williams seed beans from the 80's.  

I think it is about time to get the Buffalo Til Cultivator out with its ridging wings, and go back to 30 inch rows.  

While I am at it, just well put in an order for a few bushels of Reids Yellow Dent and Minnesota 13 so I will have feed for my two organic pigs, and my one shorthorn milk cow.  

Better pick up a 227 picker for my JDA and get it out of the shed ( I know where there is one for sale near Humeston, plus I have an IH 30in Pull type in a shed that might still work), and resurect that wire corncrib so I can store my organic feed, for my organic livestock and produce my organic milk.  

Man I hate having to go to the barn to milk that cow again, like I used to when I was growing up.  Where am I going to find a milk or cream seperator?  This is really starting to get complicated.    

Well . . . now back to reality!  I agree with everything in that video, I also learned for the first time that USDA does not control GMO patented products that can be introduced into the diet of Americans without going throut a review process.

It was also interesting that the killer genetics introduced into the herbicides and pesticides relocate to humans and cause serious health problems or even death.  Yep! I now know why the honeybees and Monarch Butterfly populations are dwindling.

I also like the point on the new 24D type soybeans, that 24D was a component of agent orange used in Vietnam, and which resulted in the premature deaths of returning soldiers.   You have sold me on Organic foods.  Just gotta find a way to return to the 50's style of living, when the food one ate did not harm them.  Other than the Stilbisterol I used to feed FFA project calves.

It was an interesting confirmation that the agronomy community at our "institutions" operate in a "self preservation" mode, supporting these dangerous genetics.  It is kinda nice that our public employees in those Universities are working to harm those who pay the freight for their salaries instead of for our best interests.

I think it is time for Iowa to pass a law banning all GMO's in this state . . . I think it could be done by "Executive Order", and could happen except . . . all of our elected officials and other public officials are already bought and paid for by the Chemical Industry in this State.   Great Post!    Adios Amigo.  John

Adios Amigos. John

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

am I missing something???????

is there a law that you have to buy your food from a certain supplier??????

because my simple answer to all of this...........if you dont like GMO, go grow it organic yourself................

am I missing something?????????

this idea that people in the world feel entitled to food...........they think its a right...........

its wrong.............

if you dont like it, go do something about it.............I am betting everyone one of those in this video, drink alcohol, or use a cell phone, or drink dihydrogen oxide (a known killer), or use tobacco, or drive.............all things known to be a killer.........all things we choose to do..............all things regulated............YET THEY DO IT ANYWAY...............SAME CAN BE SAID ABOUT GMO'S.............DONT LIKE EM............CHOOSE NOT TO USE THEM...........

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Faust,

I had the come to Jesus epiphany a couple of years ago.  No longer grow GMO corn but do grow RR beans.  Need to kick that habit to.  I am dallying with the use of foliar fertilizers to replace the micros that Rup is tying up.  Yields for corn have gone UP and I repeat UP with nonGMO.  2012 average corn yield was 218 that includes 25% corn on corn acres and have had whole fields average 250.  Rup resides in the soil unlike what Monsanto has said.  Also in animal manure too.Glyphosate soil test.jpg

glyphosate manure test (Large).jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Doesn't have to be organic.  NonGMO was the standard practice until Monsanto found a way to make a buck 20 years ago.  Not only that the GMO products currently for corn and beans do not work but Monsanto has not lowered the price.  There are significant premiums out there for nonGMO grains.  Livestock farmers are finding the improvement in herd health that lowers their cost also.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

How many years was this ground subject to RR crops?  Any idea of the time it takes for the glyphosate molecules to completely breakdown?  Is that enough of a contamination to prevent you from planting non GMO crops?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

fair enough..........you can certainly grow crops that are NGMO and not worry about organic..........I get it........

and I am all for someone wanting to go that route if it fits their operation and their opinions..........

but, there is this idea that if its organic its pure.........and at every turn in that video its GMO vs Organic........

I would love to see the general public trying to grow their own food, can you imagine them messing with Counter and Temik..........along with Graxonome and Dicamba and Atrazine.............they would probably be sucking on treated soybeans thinking its candy...........

i understand and respect both sides...........but its much more complex than the black and white this video protrays..........

you are in NCIA Mike...........if its no big deal to grow NGMO crops........then why is there such an uproar about CRW resistance..........

Goes hand in hand with Peak Corn............you wanna grow corn on corn on corn to meet demand and keep your pocket book happy..............something has to give here............

the general public thought $5 corn was high.........and now things $7 is high............LMAO.........just wait...........if they wanna go whole hog NGMO and be organic with regard to nasty pesticides...........well think 5X increase in food prices..........and forget about ethanol...........we wont need that demand base anymore..............so gasoline goes up another 50 cents.............

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

"then why is there such an uproar about CRW resistance"

I really am only guessing here.  Monsanto and other trait campanies are charging large tech fees and the product is not working.  Farmers want to grow corn for the eplants so corn on corn.  Farmers don't want to slow down and use dry insecticide.  High cash rents need the net that corn returns.

PS.  I think organic can be done on a larger scale ( hundreds of acres per farm not thousands) but retraining our brains will take time.  I am not tackling organic myself so I can't answer organic questions.

0 Kudos