cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: This is buck on a soapbox

Unfortunately the only thing that is likely standing in the way of $2 corn sometime in the next couple of years is the government.

Nobody in his right mind would pay $15k for land unless he believed that the government backstops the deal.

On the other hand, it always has.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well, the banks only went along $4,000/acre the other $11,000/acre had to come from mama`s cookie jar.  

I thought they were nuts paying $15,000, but they must be smart they had the $15,000/acre to spend and I didn`t  🙂

0 Kudos

BTW, I think a combination of crop insurance and an elastic ethanol program is about as good as it could get in terms of modest and reasonable farm support.

Doubt that anybody would agree to it, though.

In that regard, it was probably reasonalble for the corn lobby to pull off the Great Ethanol Bank Robbery when they could, take the money and run. It's totally unrealistic and unreasonable but so is everything else.

Unfortunalte after 7 years on the lam the money has run out.

Might have to ehad down Mehico way where the cost of living is cheeaper and make do for a decade or two.

0 Kudos

Grind is at max capacity. Need more plants built to make the 15
0 Kudos

when profit is large the new plantes will come online.  There will also be expansion of current plants (whichis more likely).  I do believe we can get to 15 percent easily enough but flexibility is the key. 

0 Kudos
rayjenkins
Veteran Advisor

Expansion and new plants are limited by GHG emission standards and what the plants are currently permitted for

net/net, no more corn based ethanol plants meet the specs

and if you built a plant it would not qualify for RIN credits

but if you want to spend $10-15 per gallon of capcity, you can give cellulosic a go

0 Kudos
OKdon
Senior Contributor

previously owned land will cash flow the new purchase. Not much different than income from investments funding new investments. Many of those folks aren't interested in more cash to spend but do like more cash to invest. Thus the newly purchased farm becomes a svaing account to deposit unneeded income.

So it is not about the farm cashflowing. Instead it is about the buyer and his previous investments cashflowing.

Afer it is paid for it makes little difference what you paid of it. I like my $800 land just as much as my $5000 land.

0 Kudos
Palouser
Senior Advisor

A record?

I believe you may have the record for starting posts about yourself.

0 Kudos

Cool Bucl is also a record holder
0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

My wish is that bucky was half as smart as he thinks he is and would figure out how to get back on site x.

Looks like he can't hold a candle to MT. How sad 

0 Kudos