cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Tid bits

Jump to solution

1 - So  selling  the  Carolina  pork  power  house  to  China  meant  what  -  ? 

2 - Upcoming Drought  &  rumors  of  it,   will  make  more  market  headlines,  than  China purchases  -   -   - 

3 -  How  much  soy  is  channeled  to  China,  via  USA  custom grower,   finisher,   products  -  ?

4 - Inbound  ocean  containers  at  Long Beach  port  of  entry  are steady -  -  -       

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

If someone wants to buy cheap Chinese, slave produced junk, let`em pay a tariff on that SIN.  I pay property tax for owning land, I pay sales tax for standing in line buying crap, I pay income tax for not being "smart" enough to figure out how to game the welfare system.  So those cargoes coming into port should be tariffed to overcome the under-employment costs to this country.  

China shouldn`t own Smithfield or Syngenta, especially the way they acquired Syngenta...by the way has anyone heard when we git our Syngenta payments?

I hope we have a drought, my tile work much better during a drought.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

"Two megatrends are colliding.. Growth in Pork Production and DDGs as a new cheap feed source.

https://www.nationalhogfarmer.com/nutrition/20-years-ddgs-lessons-pig-diets

In 1998, when the U.S. ethanol industry was in its infancy, about 1.3 million metric tons of DDGS was produced, with only about 52,000 tons (4%) fed to swine. Today, more than 37 mmt of DDGS are being produced, of which more than 5 mmt (14%) are being fed to swine domestically, and another 13 mmt (35%) are being exported for use primarily in swine and poultry diets in Asia and Latin America.

So much so that now Brazil is pushing Corn based ethanol..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazil-ethanol-corn-exclusive/exclusive-brazil-corn-ethanol-push-...

The wave of fresh interest from some of the world’s biggest energy and grains players suggests corn ethanol is ready for the big time in Brazil, where sugarcane has been virtually the only source of ethanol in the world’s No. 2 producer of the biofuel.

The impact on commodity markets could be far-reaching, as new plants challenge U.S. ethanol for sales in northeast Brazil and dent corn exports, which grew fourfold in the past decade.

Few expected such an avalanche of investment two years ago, at the launch of a pilot project producing corn ethanol in Brazil’s top grains state of Mato Grosso, but its profitability has sparked a wave of copycats.

The fresh interest from COFCO, AMaggi and the world’s No. 1 sugar producer Raizen - co-owned by Royal Dutch Shell Plc and Cosan SA — could quickly ramp up Brazil’s nascent corn ethanol industry.

The country already has eight plants converting the grain into biofuel, plus six under construction and at least seven more in design phase. By comparison, Brazil has 349 plants producing ethanol from sugarcane, according to the country’s agriculture ministry.

Are we at a Second Wave boom? Supposedly some US Ethanol plants were potentially on the auction block.. the market might be surprised who was willing to step up to buy them.. just to source the DDGs side of the equation.

"A billion dollars eh? No problem..""

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Jump to solution

I believe think J.F.

I believe there’s around 200 etoh plants in the US

I believe the trade deals happening around the world are good for demand 

I believe with India moving into 4th place as far as economies = demand 

I believe demand will keep up with production 

I hope so

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

So what fuels that growth.....1. anticipation of cheap corn...(might be why they will build in Brazil where corn expenses can use cheap labor and less grain goes to the port log jam--and are not going to buy in the us where congress demands higher COP)

2   Higher fuel costs on the horizon?

3.   ASF is the Reuters hoax it appears to be..... 

4.   US plants for sale...... if that becomes a serious reality --look out for congress handing out another few hundred billion of borrowed $$$$ to grease the skids.  ---- But seriously a free plant in the US might not be as good as one in a country where the crop is cheaper and US federal agencies don't hunt for prey.

5.  ??????

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

How will the ethanol be transported from the interior to the ports??

Are they trading road congestion of trucks hauling beans for road congestion of trucks hauling ethanol??

Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

My assumption was domestic use, as Brazil being the demand for e and byproduct.  Maybe that’s a different road. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Jump to solution

E-85  - Autonomous  Fleet's  of  tankers  -  might  fill  the  void ,   and  there  could  be  an  Ambassadorship  position  to  give  direction  to  the  cause  -  maybe ?     

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Jump to solution

A seat on the board...... ...... if your dad's running from the law.....      for office......maybe.

A million a month to attend a board meating in Rio.

Shirley Temple is sure not in Kansas anymore.   Thanks politics out of control.

0 Kudos