cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
north ia farmer
Frequent Contributor

Tiger a NIA update

Things are looking GREAT here in NIA.100% of the corn is planted and !00% of soybeans are planted.we had some big rains three weeks ago that did cause a small amount of replanting but a very small % had to be replanted.I would have to say as of today this is the best looking corn crop I have seen for this time of years.I wouldn't be surpised if most corn in NIA isn't shooting tassels come 4th of July.On my 60mph crop tour I would say there maybe isn't as much corn planted as i thought there would be.I hope you got your grain sold at a good price for you can upgrade that **bleep** old blue thing you bounce up and down the field with for a green one.So far thing are GREAT in NIA.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
farsider
Senior Contributor

Re: Tiger a NIA update

Congratulations on a record crop! When will you start harvest?
0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

My question is,  will Iowa's corn beat Nebraska's 185 bpa guess?

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

NIA, a 60 MPH crop tour around NIA doesn't tell the story of the 2012 crop.... You need to to travel south... Get on that big highway and travel East.... When you get to a big a$$ river in the center of the country.... Cross it.... There you will find the other 50% of the US corn and soybean crop... When you get to about Cleveland then you can say whether or not you sold for a good price.

0 Kudos
colorofmoney
Frequent Contributor

Come take a tour to the north.  My neighbor's corn isn't even emerged yet, Another "Big Guy" replanted 800+ acres,  hoes can be seen running around every where not to many feilds that havent seen a hoe.  Lots of adjusters running the back roads finding stands from 17 to 26, and what is there has been blasted by wind the last week.  Plenty of corn being chopped off by the dust.  But thank goodness you must live in the perfect part of the world, I'm gonna move by you.

0 Kudos