cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Time to get bullish?

I am not an expert on the trade, but I would say the difference is the freight from here to there.  Just my thought with no expertise.

Since they are outsourcing more of their supply than we are ours.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Well, to put things in perspective, exactly one yr ago a local elevator was paying $6.33 for old crop corn, that was 2012.   Today that elevator ended today paying $6.45 for old corn in 2013.  Now let`s look at the mindset of then vs now, back then there was talk of "record acres, record yield, corn going in the ground at a record pace, big carryover coming...everything perfect perfect perfect!".   Now, April 5, 2013 what are we talking about as far as conditions?

Even with the latest hits there must be more demand for old corn then vs now.  You can still contract $5 corn at the above mentioned elevator for new.  Last yr at this time, I believe it was well below $5.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

............so since they began importing more, prices goes up that high-----------I appreciate your thoughts, but something smells fishy..........i'll look into it more.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA,

it appears that way from chart and in the real world even thought the almighty powers say demand has been reduced here by 1.2 B.....................STILL smellin' fish..............wha'd we have for dinner..............or is it the cat food????        Hmmmmmmmmmm

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey CX, with talk of the drought being over in areas and with 1.2 billion bu LESS demand, there should be no way that a local elevator is bidding more than last yr.   However give it a couple days and that too can change Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

that would seem to make sense at the end of the day, BA...........thanks

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

These market make no sense.   Other than a cheap food policy.    We never did get that blow-off top in the corn market that everyone had talked about.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

Money leaving the commodity markets and going to the stock markets. Has been going on for a while. Thus  the results we see. 

0 Kudos
Advisor

If they are railing corn from the Dakotas to central Illinois what does that tell you??

0 Kudos

Liquidating markets take time.
0 Kudos