cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Advisor

To you super bulls

Since you are holding for higher prices, are you also buying futures contracts? Just checking to see if you are really bullish or not.

Perhaps that is why you are called bulls. You have a large set of cajones. Needless to say, I am a steer and sold out weeks ago.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: To you super bulls

We have a Fed induced speculative blowoff across all asset classes.

Can it continue? You betcha, longer than one might think.

Will more people make or lose money on it? Many, many more on the lose side but huge profits for the few on the win side.

And the winners will be two groups- rode it for a long time, then sold, and the big shorts who got the timing right.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

I wish I had an inside source as to what the Chinese are thinking and doing to counteract the Fed's basic theft of their money, by devaluing their debt through printing money, or more quaintly...QE. quantitative easing.

The elderly in America have basically already been stolen from, as they hold the bulk of the CD's, and they are pretty defenseless. I doubt that the Chinese are going to take the devaluation as meekly or mildly.

Expect huge runups in commodity prices, embargos, tariffs, and shots across the bow. World wide conflicts have started over less than what is going on right now.

I would not get excited to sell grain unless you are using the proceeds to pay bills and/or buy hard assets, until we have an actual speculative type, over the top, blow off.

$8.50 corn, $20.00 soybeans, and hang on to your hats.

and no, I am not buying...I produce enough that I do not need to be texas hedging. My growing crops are my hedge against inflation.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

You free market guys sure love those Chinese commies. Go figure.

Boo hoo for Yu.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

Who said anything about loving the Chinese? I do appreciate how the Chinese are moving towards capitalism, though, at the same time that the USA has a very vocal group that wants to move towards the failed communist policies.

And I would bet you hard money that the successful Chinese traders are well compensated for results. The Chinese have figured out the benefits of harnessing the vast energy stored in human greed, and just use different mechanisms to bring it into play.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Red---you need to read about China's bull handling of the copper mines in South America--hope US agriculture isn't next ?

0 Kudos
Advisor

Selling out early was a big risk , UNLESS, your landlord (mrs. kraft) feels some sympathy for you and  keeps your rent in the "reasonable" range. Hope you had a great Christmas, Don.

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Well if she wants too much rent, I can always dicker.

That is one nice thing about farming your own. You rent to a nice guy and you rent from a nice guy. I don't have many arguments with myself.

0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

ROTFL, I think that means rollong on the floor laughing, thank you, I needed that.

We were looking at cash prices offered and looking at expenses, and realized that we could sell 40bu/ A and cover seed and fert.

So we did it, yes the future looks bright, but we saw last jan when prices dropped about a buck.

Yes there could be bidding for A.  and we usually kill the crop twice befor fall, but, So we covered out of pocket expenses.

Right or wrong I don't care, hope it is the worst sales we make for 2011,

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

You all sold out Nox?

I sure wish you'd fill us in more on the details of your conclusions.

0 Kudos