cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Today's drive

today's drive wound up in Minneapolis I 35 all the way. The IKEA store was an interesting experience.

The "crop tour"  results @ 70mph...

Pretty good to north of Ames, from hwy 20 to Mason City, looks beat up.

Mason City to Albert Lea, Minn looks better, after Albert Lea north kind of behind.

Going to need lots of fuel to dry this crop. Also going to need no frost before Oct.

Beans are all over the place but mostly small. Short beans can yield, Aug will tell their story.

That $10,000+ land is over priced if it keeps this up.

A little global warming will be needed all Sept up there.

The crops are better than last year at this time, this year there are no huge unplanted acreages.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Today's drive

I was just wondering Friday... How many husbands have comited suicide in sight of that big blue sign. why can't women just go with their friends. If you don't know about it, your blessed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Hobby - you shold have let me know you were up this way again - we'd have invited you over for dinner.  The way it was we had dinner guests anyway, and although we didn't have raspberry pie for desert, we did have all the blackberries over vanilla ice cream that you could have stomached.

Anyway, we still have some left over roast beast, with mashed potatoes and gravy and fresh from the garden green beans and cucumber salad, if you're still in the area and want to stop by tomorrow.

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Sure saw a lot of hubbies in there, had a good noon meal and desert while there.

I wore her out in there and I was the only one that bought anything there. (4 wire mesh baskets to store electric fence stuff in and some cookies) Smiley Happy

Didn't have to go over to the Mall of America. Kind of a win win deal and home by dark.

Edit

She did see some things she likes but till she gets rid of something there is no room for anything else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Hey Jen, what exactly is roast beast?  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Roast Beef Shag - it's my favorite meal that I'm not supposed to have - but a person has to live...

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I know Jen, just stirring the pot a little.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

ROAST BEEF, heck i will drive the 150 miles to get to you. it to expensive to buy in the Store.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Smiley Surprised Yeah - I know! 

Jen

0 Kudos