cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Today's free lunch...

The yellow on radar that went right over top of us little bit ago didn't even connect the dots on the hoods of things.

But on the bright side finished corn yesterday evening.

Starting beans today.

Eplant just called said they drew my name amonst others out of the "hat" and would like to deliever lunch to the field today for the "crew" . nice jesture.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Re: Today's free lunch...

I would offer to go help you out but I am probably too late. “Day late and a dollar short “. Again!!

Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Sorry Clayton they only gave me 2 hrs 45 minutes notice.

With longer notice I'd been happy to add you to my "crew"

Btw it was a Subway sandwitch of my choice. The grain buyer goddess that took my "crews "order got them both right.  (Just two of us today).

Nice jesture on their part.

Did mention they are gonna need corn in July said they have a very small book for that month.

In bottom of my bag that had chips and water bottle was the master order for a dozen sandwiches they were delivering. I'm 45 miles out from the plant. I wasn't the last stop.

BTW got started on beans this early evening, ran out 3 planter fills.

0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

We started beans last Saturday. Should finish today. Mostly custom work. We weren’t the first to start beans. We might finish corn tomorrow, except for 100 acres custom where they want later planting. Getting harder to hit good moisture in dry land fields. Will need a rain before we go to milo but we also want warmer soil temperatures 

0 Kudos
clayton58
Veteran Advisor

Also, our eplant could take a cue from yours LOL 

0 Kudos