Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Tony Dreibus

Tony - I am curious, who is your weather contact?  Do you not have one? Do you watch the weather forecasts? 

In your "3 big things October 2nd"  you say "Forecasters said they don’t expect rainfall or harvest delays at all this week".  You realize it rained most of the weekend in Eastern SD, sw MN through northern MN? NW iowa?  And after two minutes of looking at forecasts, I can tell that those same areas are suppose to get more rain today and tomorrow.  Some places heavy rain is possible.  Do you not call that a delay? 

The below forecast is the 5 day outlook from this morning. Even if half of that comes, i can assure you that will be a delay.  I get that the Eastern part of the belt is suppose to be dry, but there is a lot grain grown in MN,SD,ND.  And the way things are shaping up this is going to be a late wet fall in those areas, especially now that the heat is gone in that area.  Open your eyes.  

Capture.PNG

Veteran Advisor

Re: Tony Dreibus

Iowa

he is getting his information from the same folks that are trading YOUR grain, setting the price of YOUR grain, and determine the

income YOU get.

these people are tell us this, telling us that, the reason the price is low, the reason the way things work......etc......etc............

yet...........you see a prime example of what they say, and what the true is............

oh my god.........this just come to me typing this  !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sounding like trump..........it's all fake news !!!!!.......

pardon me, i'm going to call the clinic........after that i'm starting to feel dizzy

Frequent Contributor

Elcheapo

I think we already knew the answer as to where he gets his information.  It makes you think, wouldn't he stand up for the information he prints and question it?  "Hey this place seems to be getting a lot of rain and more is coming, maybe there are delays out there?  Who am I to think that there is still good in this world?

Veteran Contributor

Ha imagine my surprise when I saw a thread with my name on it. Thanks for the question.

I get my morning weather reports using a combination of the National Weather Service, (www.weather.gov), Commodity Weather Group, MDA Weather Services and a couple of other weather forecasters, depending on the day. In this case I used a combination of the daily report from the NWS that showed a storm could bring some potential severe weather in Nebraska (it mentioned only Nebraska and some rain in Kansas) and a prior report from CWG. In this case I would agree based on the latest data that there might be delays, but using the data I had at 5am central I didn't see anything that would indicate the storm would move as far east as it might and contradict the prior data. As we all know, weather forecasts change by the minute, which is why I usually use the NWS -- because it's updated overnight. 

I can't locate the report I used for this morning's 3BT as they update their site often, but I did see this in subsequent reports. "This line of thunderstorms will continue to move in a line from the Great Lakes to the southern Plains by Wednesday as the cold front progresses south and east." That's in reference to the storm system in Nebraska and Kansas. 

Veteran Contributor

Iowastudent and El Cheapo, I assure you there's nothing nefarious going on here. I look at several weather forecasts in the morning and write 3BT accordingly. I'm not trying to pull the wool over your eyes and I dont make stuff up -- I just report what I'm told. I've been doing this for a very long time and I know not everybody is going to like or agree with what I write and I'm OK with that. I was traveling most of the day, which is why it took me a while to respond. 

El Cheapo, you're more feisty than usual today! What's going on? 

Thanks for reading, fellas. 

Senior Contributor

I just report what I'm told in other words just tell us what they want us to know.

Serious harvest delays here already might be spring of 18 for a lot of crop to come out.

I think I have it figured out after all these years

Whiskey coke and hookers yes and the yaucht and only what you need to know.

Keep the minions working.

Senior Contributor

You need to read a little more carefully, Tony, national weather service has been talking of this since Friday.

Veteran Contributor

Well I can admit when I'm wrong -- more delays likely on the way. I definitely shouldn't have put that singular line in yesterday's story. 

I really do appreciate the comments and criticism, as long as it's constructive. Thanks again. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Gurly is right, they have been showing that rain coming since last week.

Honored Advisor

Its early yet, I would say half the beans are out between Wells, Minnesota and Mankato.  I have a neighbor that`s out combining corn right now.  Mine is 20% or I`d be going, I mean tight budget and the 3rd of Oct? let it dry a little.  Some beans, I don`t think you`d want to let sit over night and the elevator probe them in the morning, the "pumpkins" would make the whole load register much wetter...get `em probed and dumped and then it`s the elevator`s problem   Smiley Happy