Did you mean: 
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Top page post

Friend
faust102f

Re: Faust

Hey all,

I was talking to a friend of my father, who said that people were asking about him here (and Agtalk too).

I just wanted to let all of you know that member "Faust100F" unexpectedly moved on to the big farm in the sky on October 3rd. He died working on his farm, tool in hand. No better way to go out than doing what you love in the place you love the most!

He truly enjoyed the discussions on this board and others. I'm sure he's offering advice, opinions, and getting people wound up about things up there!

My brother and I are amazed at what we are finding on the boards as we figure things out. He left a lot of interesting stories and advice behind on these boards for us. We hear his posts in his voice, and it's fantastic... you guys were dealing with a one of kind guy.

Thanks for making this a fun place for him.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Top page posting for everyone.

I hadn't heard about that but had wondered since he wasn't posting anywhere.

I had visited with him on the phone numerous times and had him here at my farm for a couple of hrs last year, glad I got to meet him in person.

Was glad to call him a friend.

Think I'll leave his name and number in my cell phone directory as a remembrance of those good times.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

thanks for reaching out -- faust102f.

we have probably all felt something important was missing without quite being able to put a finger on it.

wish I could of known him. condolences and peace to you, your brother and family!Smiley Sad

...and the videos with rsw/Iowa corn farmer -- hilarious and very creative/time consuming...very gifted indeed.

0 Kudos
jput
Senior Contributor

Faust was one of a kind,  God broke the mold after creating Faust.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Re: Top page post-2 classics i remember

Advisor
Faust100F

Re: Weekly Outlook From Darrel Good

ECI - Hope Darrel keeps his day job, because he does't know jack about what is going on out here in the real world.  So he wants toknow what yields will be if the rains do not come, how about 50 bu. average in Iowa!   Who really gives a rats ass about a 10 year comic book projection by USDA?  When was the last time they were right.?  Well ECI, you had better run right down to the elevator and contract 13,14,15 corn production because we are having 99 million acres of corn planted.  I have seldom read an article with so may "weasel words" ( you know CYA) in a report from someone who draws a paycheck, and has no skin in the game.   Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona.   Adios Amigos. 

Advisor
Faust100F

Hell he covered all the bases . . . my ass.  What about La Nada?  Please send me some of what this out of touch professor is smoking?  The DSM river is dry, the Missouri river is dry, the Platte River is dry,  he Repulican river is dry, and the Mississippi River is dry.  WTF is this guy missing?  He resides in fantasy land as all academics do.  Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona.   Oh yes . . . we got 1/4th inch of rain last night, record crops are in sight.  What a friggin joke,   John

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Re: Top page post-2 classics i remember

This is truly shocking news this morning Smiley Sad

John was - like what was posted was a one of a kind - LOL  When I joined up with ag web many moons ago - John and I hit it off - right of the bat - He had me falling out of my chair -- more than once lmoa , 3020 would have to drive over from Rushville and help me up . 

I like Hobby - I had the great time of talking to John on the phone - BUT I was not as lucky as Hobby -- to meet John -- in person  !  He was on the top of my list of -- MUST meet webbers ! As nothing more than I wanted to do was to sit down with John in the Cheap seats and have a Corona and a bag of popcorn and shot the breeze .

CX - Thank you for your post of John with his one of a kind replies back to me !!!!!!!!!!!!! What great  memory - But his posts a will live on forever for me .

Too Johns Sons - I'm So , So sorry !!!!!!!!  I thought the world of your Dad !

BTW - You guys can find some very funny stuff your Dad made on YouTube - in his movie making - Just type in Faust100F

Me to Hobby - I will keep Johns Phone number too !!!!!!!!

One last thing -- Hobby may be you can help me out - But one of Johns funniest posts was on the Vietnamese currency --------- The Dong -- lol

RIP my Friend 

Ken

0 Kudos
IllinoisSteve
Senior Contributor

Re: Top page post

Well that is indeed a shame.  My condolences and may he rest in peace.

0 Kudos
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear of your loss. We wil miss him and his insights, especially over on AW. Some of those videos were so funny, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

0 Kudos
buckfarmer
Senior Contributor

He will be missed. He often brought a perspective that made me stop and think deeper about topics I was interested in.
0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

Faust:  Adios Amigo, I enjoyed your posts over the years.

0 Kudos