cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Topping action

Past 3 days have been down to Danville IL and just made a trip to Chicago for the weekend. For you Guys that think IL guys like to whine and still raise a crop we are close to zeroing out eastern IL if we don't get a rain soon. Southern IL is gone, our insurance guy is setting up disaster meetings all over down there. Rain in next 5 days would salvage a little up here but only 20% chance tonight. IN is worse. What will national yield be if IL and IN are both well below 100?
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Market topping means demand trimming now. We will see how much is too much.
Drought predicting.....anyone south of i70 is not suprised.
If we go back to believing rosy predictions & ignore facts, we deserve what we deal for.
Imo, price will see some new control tactics used this fall. If it rains soon, rosy predictions will b back and top is in.
0 Kudos
Veteran Contributor

I believe we're going to need a weaker dollar for corn to go as high as some people are talking.  Weather is going to eventually lose its edge on this market, maybe soon, and the worldwide factors will come back.  A stronger US dollar and weaker crude oil means everything else is lower, drought or no drought.  I think that is a possibility in the near future but who knows, we may have a panic-induced buying frenzy before that. 

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

anybody got time s website addy? thanks

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

rulonenterprises.com

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

thanks ray.