cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Total DRY Area in the USA keeps expanding now,

....just makin sure you all might notice that.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Total DRY Area in the USA keeps expanding now,

Hey now, at least we have some percipitation chances coming up. Amazed how some of our corners look almost like a nuclear wasteland. Need some moisture as the residue from years past has laid down and exposing the ground more as time goes on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

well nws said "near 100% rain", well we got a sprinkle, not enough to even wet the sidewalk.  at one of the

farms we might have got .20

had tornado warning about 20 miles away.

took a trip to western ks friday and saturday.  I saw good stuff, and saw bad stuff.  didn't get to the sw or nw

but if i was a guessing man, i went by shaggys place.

some ponds have water, some, have some, some dry.

i'm sorry folks, but these .2 or .3 are not going to do it, yes might make things hold on, but i think the bloom is

off the flower boys.

this has been going on for a number of years now, in this part of the country anyhow.

the ag media, traders, and ag mega corps need to stop painting such a bight pricture.  many places have

been running rain deficients for a number of years now.  also consider if there is a good 4 inch toad strangler,

that did not go into the soil, a large precentage flows away.  it will take a number of years, with above average

rainfall, to replenish the soil profile....and he we go into another growing season, dry again, yet the "trade"

does not notice.

yes, thank you to the few brave traders that spoke up and explained how they view things, and the info

about the flow of money, but i thought the underpinning thing of the markets was the fundmentals.

we're not looking at them.

anyhow........bad weekend, not only saw how widespread things are, got little if any rain, but was at a meeting

talking about communities, how things are going down hill, and little, if anything to do about it. 

One thing tho, that everyone keyed in on, was how sports are ruining many rural communities.

first, the expense to the schools, and tax payers, since teams must travel further and further now.

the requirement of better buildings, practice fields, etc.

also, everyone is "gone" or at the game, so local committees or groups have nobody attending.

also, the parents are tired, and don't want to participate locally, and must travel long distances, adding

additional stress the the family budget, for vehicles, food, fuel, and sometimes lodging.

between their job and the kids sports, they have no time.

we are seeing more and more time out of school also due to sports.

but, all the media pushs it, and there is a whole mega corp system that promotes it.  right along with the

colleges.

i chalange you, figure what the cost saving wold be to your community if we cut sports by 1/2, what

the effect on the community would be.

our school district (despite my objection), just past a bond issue for $10 million, for the most part to

build new gyms, new wrestling, (oh yes the gym must hold a minium of 1200 people, the town's

population is only  1100 !!), and new offices for the superitendent, and build a fence around the

schools to make them safe and secure.  the school board didn't say a word when I asked where

the guard tower was going to be built.

ok, i'll shut up now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

You do realize it is raining, or has rained, over most of KA, and after this morning, all of OK, and even a chunk of TX. It would seem the wheat market is rationally trading improved crop prospects. That would be an response to the fundamentals.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Our pops were reduced to the token 20%. Looking bleak here to el cheapo. Agree with the sports commentary as the same has happened here. Test scores have continued south.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The wind blew from the east here 3 days straight usually good for a rain then the last 2 days from the south where you needed rocks in your pockets to walk and nothing. Trace of rain in March and 0 so far in April.  

Well at least our bond for a new school got voted down not sure if good or bad but 7.7 million for 145 students seemed a little spendyto me. Over half for the gym. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

might look good from Indiana, click on some of the different counties....

http://www.cocorahs.org/State.aspx?state=KS

I'm seeing 50% of Kansas was left out of anything and most of the rest didn't get enough help anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

.68  South Podunk Country Iowa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

tippingpoint, do you realize it sure as heck Needs a rain to settle the dam blowing Dirt?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Time, "you do realize" what you see on a computer screen is like looking in a mirror right. Objects on screen are larger than they actually appear.

The dry areas of Kansas are still dry, losing additional bushels each and every day we don't receive significant precipitation.
0 Kudos