cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Total DRY Area in the USA keeps expanding now,

Geezzz guys...I just pulled the rain accum maps and alot of the wheat belt got a drink, and more is in the forecast. The market responded was all I was saying. Everyone wants to blame giolucas, or the USDA reports, or pick a evil. This time at least the market went down because the yield prospects for alot of folks went up. All I was saying...sorry if you are still dry in your area.

Are farmes in the market...well last year they sold a combined about 20 billion with a B bushels of crops. That would be in the market by anyone's standard. :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't know if you are actively engaged in farming or not, but comments made by someone with absolutely nothing in the game really get my blood boiling. Nothing against you personally, but just comments in general by someone looking at a computer and feel they are qualified to tell us what is happening. Back-yard-itos (or what ever it's called) is a problem in our own back yards as well as a problem when someone thinks they know what is going on in a back yard 1000's of miles away. As many problems as the computer may have solved, it has created just as many new problems. Ag marketing just so happens to be the problem that hits below the belt to many of us.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Shaggy...go to our website, we're active and have been since 1869. Not sure why that would

be a good or bad thing...in this case. Yes, we get too much rain in the spring and hardly ever

enough in July/August, just ask ecin, so we have been there before, just never as often as

those real men who try and farm in western kansas.

This is an ag marketing talk site...I didn't say anything offensive...it rained and the market went down.

No conspiracy required. As I mentioned in the other threads, I am pretty bullish wheat, but when it rains,

the market will still go down for a few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Wheat in sw ks --- okla and tx panhandles looked good two months ago and is nearly dead now..... fastest demise of the last 5 failures.....

Time your rain statement is a false statement for a huge area.   Stop watching "usda world" and take a trip through alll of Ks.

a few clouds racing by with a 40 mph wind was not moisture on the ground.  I watched that manure report also ---- then I went outside and looked.   Wheat is still brown and dirt is still dry.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Advisor

Pumped more water on this years wheat already than all of last year. Dry is all I have to say. Years of drought take a lot of precip to turn things around.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Rained in oklahoma and it helped ?? But still will only be half as good of average!! We had 3.3 inches in last 3 rain events!! Put some water in our ponds. I've been hauling water since dec. !! Before the rain I noticed tillers of 10 to 15 per plant with 10 to 14 dead!!! Trade that news???7
0 Kudos