cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Trade War

The second chart submitted does not show what you claim either.  It is real output indexed to 2012.  It only measures value of final products and foreign component production.(labor) gets counted   — doesn’t tell you anything about job loss.  It doesn’t adjust for international corps activity as well as it should. But it is not intended to say anything about labor or where that labor is proformed.   The chart is intended to show us companies manufacturing in the US.  If all multi national component transfers were excluded the chart would be going down as companies dropped out of the data.  

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

"Universal healthcare would create a lot of jobs."

We could also hire a bunch of hoodlums to go around town breaking windows and that would create jobs fixing windows.   Hey, I bet no one ever thought about that.    Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

BA   -  Amend  that  thought  -  robots  smashing  windows  -   -   -

This  easy  life  style ,   might  be  traced  back  to  when '' we  became '' to  lazy ''  to  roll  our  own  car  window  up  - - -

I'm  just  can't wait  to  see  a  robot  ''  dolly  down   ''   a  loaded  trailer  or  ''  chain  up  ''  a  rig  on  Donner  Pass  - - - 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Breaking windows is becoming a "job that Americans won`t do"?    Just stop welfare checks and there`ll be all kinds of free window breaking.   Smiley Happy

The autonomously driven trucks, I wonder the first one to hit a school bus full of kids and that`ll be the end of that, even though a human driver may`ve  had the same accident.

Honored Advisor

BA...... Automatic tractors and trucks................. I been irritated as can be the last few years as my sons and I struggle to be "family" and transition a farm through some mistakes and growth that was untimely, generational change with members who don't enjoy the time it takes to "pay" and wait(or V/v)....... or maybe even be partnered at all.  Financial stress doesn't help anything.   My Point...... Automation, technology, data access, communications at high decibels .... technology has been quite a party the last few years ------ I feel like it has been a tech party of over indulgence.  I feel like I am solidly in a tech hangover and our "pushers" are cranking up the doses.  

I read the obituaries these days (5 two days ago in a small town paper)  ages 28,37, 48, 86, 58.........The young ones are there way too often.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-11865-8     "A short comment on statistical versus mathematical modeling"

If I came across wrong to sdholloway56...or condecending ..... or stupid..... Sorry, I have lost my patience with the effect of the technology scammers on our people..... statistics and the shaping of them to achieve a goal has become an art form(especially in our universities.  The article above discusses it ...... boring but very interisting if you happen to like the subject.

0 Kudos