cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Trump's retreat on tariff threat

Nothing that is "clearly spelled out" to the US population is of value ...... is it?  And we wouldn't believe it if it was.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The  one  clear  thing  I  observe,  being  the  glaring  exuberance  of  C E O  compensation,  no  matter  how  many  mistakes  along  the  journey  -    -    -

Stock  Options , along  with  their  design, being  the  craft  of  tax  code  mutilation ,  have  stayed  out  of  the  discussion  of  Worker  to  C E O  inversion -  -  -

The   Captain  remaining  on  the  ship,  with  the  crew,   in  rough  waters,  has  become  a  fable  of  early  evacuation, slipping  out  the  back  door ,  with  loot  in tow -  -  -

The  lyrics  of  Pancho  &  Lefty  seem  deafening  -  -  -        

Senior Contributor

very very true its all about the money

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

289  I am just asking that we remember who creates the game   then complains about it being corrupt when they can't take advantage of it anymore.

Corporations did not create the game........ Individual voters looking for the special favor of knowing senator "smoothy" (doing just what we elected him to do --bring home the bacon) created the game....... then created the organizations and the corporations needed to gain more favors............ then asked senator smoothy to create legislation that limit the "bacon" to their special interests. ( and therefore limits who can afford access to the "favors").   Then complains because the tractor they need to buy costs $400,000 (150k of which is mandated by federal regulation all within the last 30 years.)

I am just a friend who does some accounting and has dealt with the tax code and federal regulations all my life. (disguised as a farmer on the side)   We give the old ship a new coat of "whitewash" every election but remember we do that so we can't see how bad it looks under the skin.  Its still a leaky, corrupt, mess just under the new smiles we send to DC.

I have it harder sitting on CEO compensation,  in a country that has been on the cutting edge of chasing jobs to cheap labor sources for 30 years and taking the under the table money for the old "foundation" along the way,  We have learned that there are some corporations that we can't "job out".  Some other Corporations that now can afford to pick and choose their tax loyalties (not a bad thing --agriculture understands competition)  What should a board of directors that employees 10,000 in a state be paid?  

And you know how much I love music from the old years when we could spread our wings on weekends ...... but pancho and lefty......... has a message worth listening to, like this discussion.  But is still sung by two guys who were paid millions and couldnt run their own small businesses, or file accurate tax forms.

Compensation is still a function of "what the market will bare"  and what your job accomplishes.

I dont think any of it improves over a cup of new legislation.   It improves or doesn't over the character of the voter.  IMO it is still the responsibility of the voter who wants government to control his neighbor and provide himself special benefits.  Getting the taxpayer to pay for everything we imagine is still alive and well.

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

SW -  pancho  &  lefty  - being  a  reminder  of  history  repetition,  and  the  artist  inability  to  quite  the  gate  keepers, or  mange  their  affairs   -   -   -

Does  Nero  and  the  Fiddle  , or   Waterloo , or  Col. Custer   apply  - ? 

Our  Cup  runn' th  over,  starting  with  hazy  promises,  followed  by  pacifist ,  pies  in  the  sky legislation,  with  sweeping  under  the  carpet  consolidations,  with  a  cherry  on  topping  of  ''  stock  options ''    -   -   -

I'm  looking  for  a  Consolidation  Partner  with  my  stock  option  guarantee  of   $10  wheat,  $7  corn,  $2 yearlings,  of  course  with  a  10 - 20 year,   tax  free ,  sale  option,  I  S  O , thing'y  type   -  maybe - ? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Status  of  G. E .  management,    (  1 - 10 )  -  ?  vs. - compensation ( 1- 10 )   -  ?   

Alan G.   (  Irrational  Exuberance  ) ,   was  in  tune &  on  key,  and  politely  left  out -  ? 

Affluent ,  with  an  double  helping  of  arrogance ,  seems  the  sales  pitch,  although  when  I  think  about  it,  a  Diamante  might  not  guarantee  any  more  than  a  Yukon on  the  ranch  balance   sheet  - 

And  even  moving  the  most  successful  locomotive  installation  from Pa.  to  Texas,  guarantees  what - ?                 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

But when those who are supposed to be regulating our society decide to favor those who toe the political line and pay for favor, the small fries(and science, wisdom, and reality) get cooked....... quote "elections have consequences ".  We are now paying for the legislative excesses of twenty years ago in real terms.  Some of that is yet to come as we are less than 5 years from that 40 mpg mandate on vehicles,  still building wind energy that is scrap iron when the subsidies are gone.

We are fit throwing over trade with China and 1/2 of 1% of our population that makes big money and neither can carry the united states life style on their backs.  China is the worst of the two issues for a common sense rating.

Agriculture is no better than the trust fund SDS brats who lead media and Left Politics.  As long as we are getting $6 corn and $12 beans we don't give a dam about the poor side of any major population center.  We are at the same time, pointing out California's problems and wanting to be them......We would live in Costa Rica and commute if it meant no tax burden and still contribute to those who promise to save the planet and a place in Heaven.  As long as someone else is paying the taxes..........somewhere in the future.

We are just now paying, not just in taxes but in the cost of a lifestyle, for the housing bubble congress inflated to allow the poor to buy homes..... the rest of us either built overpriced homes or our kids jumped on the bandwagon and signed the dotted line for 80K homes that sold for 400k, taking advantage of that easy money and no interest..... and furniture and new paint over new paint.  Now we're in the middle of the legislation to kill the combustion engine and push elec.  Elec power is dying before we get to the end of the (green) legislation costs.  5-10 more years of legislated inflation coming on that one....... and already we cant afford tractors and vehicles........ (down the street at Ford there are new 15K vehicles for the poor in the same line with new pickups for 70+k)   Then comes healthcare we are just starting to pay the price for that one.     ...................and the reason is not the price of corn. (loudly and with emphasis.)

I dont think it will take another boogy man....... even if it is a new green boogy man.   We are spent up for generations of taxpayers to come........ way more than the super rich are gonna pay for.

I thought it was fitting that our women in Congress had tea in Rome.  

I am going to keep supporting the guy trying something other than bribery to deal with China.  And hope we can survive the tax bill of the last 30 years as it comes due.

0 Kudos