cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Trying to draw the line for myself

Grins.

I’m thinking about your homeboy candidate Ross Perot and how he’d have jumped right on the supply management bandwagon.

BA=ENIGMA

The old saw, about me and the guy behind the tree.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Trying to draw the line for myself

But 25-30 yrs ago we didn`t listen to Ross Perot, did we Bruce?  We thought we were so damned "smart" goin` global! NAFTA! China most favored nation! WTO! all that crap and now we need a street fighter-in-chief to straighten out this mess. 

It`s only been the last couple years I saw the handwriting on the wall about supply management, during the $7 corn, $150 "peak" oil fantasy we didn`t need supply management.  It`s just we`re at the fork in the road of "do we want small/medium sized family farms or should we let the big guys have it ALL?" .  To be honest, I personally don`t give a rip "Git the government outta farmin`!!!" and let`s ride the austerity Tea Party horse into the abyss!  I own my land, low debt, none of my kids want to farm, I have a off-farm job they won`t let me quit.  I can coast along another 12 yrs and then draw social security and rent my land out to BigShots and call it a successful career.  

But there`s repercussions for the 25yrs of neglect ....I sure hope those $5 t-shirts at Walmart were worth it.

0 Kudos