Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: usda w. Puppet perdue are going

Yes, PP is based on spring price

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Thank you WCMO. so there you go, plant by the 25th of June and be guaranteed at the very least $450ish...maybe the fall price it will potentially be +$600/acre?     Or take PP and get a check for $216/acre ...I can plant an acre of beans for $150 more dollars gladly any day of the week, MFP $2 payment or not.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

BA

I'm not saying take  PP if you can possibly plant.  What I think will happen is many will plant beyond timeliness trying for that at this time unknown payment. 

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Hey Gurly, but if you plant beans the 4th of July and it freezes out and zero bushels, you wouldn`t get a $2 MFP payment would you?   I don`t know what crop insurance would do with you, kind of have you guaranteed a Prevent Plant revenue and you just went through the motions for naught?    I think by the end of this year, we`re going to find out what all the fine print in our policies really was.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

ok dry weather coming?

You are sure? 

0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

Sounds to me like the MFP just depends on whether or not you plant, not what you yield, though none of that is really a 'known' yet.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

That is my take, if you plant you get paid on county average history. Don't know if they have same deadline as insurance. They really didn't have enough info to make any announcement but they wanted to encourage planting. Going to go see what info they have today.  They are probably swamped tooSmiley Happy

0 Kudos