cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrightcattle
Veteran Advisor

USDA could raise that avg corn

Yield to say 193 and still be light.

its early and so far there's been quite a few folks with 300+ bu whole field averages.

central IL reports mostly.

this is starting out as 1 of the record monster blow outs.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Re: USDA could raise that avg corn

Think it might be time to go into grain

Business...

Just need to find a negative symbol

For a price display.

Going to have write a new spreadsheet

Program that will take the ldp price

Minus the daily posted price the 

Elevator will CHARGE YOU to accept

Your grain

0 Kudos
Blacksandfarmer
Veteran Advisor

The earliest yield report Ive got from our area is roughly 140 bu corn and extremely variable. We will know more in a week or so. Judging the whole U.S corn crop on yields from central Illinois is useless. 

Wind
Advisor

It's hard for me to imagine a whole 80A field yielding 300+ bu of dry corn non-irrigated.  If that is really happing I would like to know what hybrid is was and more details of input cost.  Two years ago my yield monitor spiked at 300+ for a moment in a sweet spot and then fell back, that field yielded 217.

A lot of variability in yields around here.  Not as good as last year. 

0 Kudos
roarintiger1
Honored Advisor

USDA could always lower their number as well.

0 Kudos
k-289
Senior Advisor

BA  -  Don't  leak  out  that  217  -  ON   WITH   300  -   -   -

0 Kudos
Wind
Advisor

BA is "water logged" at the moment.  Lots of rain in Iowa just now.  Actually, that 217 was three years ago. 

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I hear "254 and 17%"...but that`s on the dry side of town and was planted 4/30.   One guy has 400 acres beans done "12%"   so what did they yield?  "12%",    yes, I know that`s the moisture, but what did they yield?    "12%   Smiley Happy  ".

A lot of corn snapped off above the ear, I think it should be picked ASAP as quickly as it ran out of gas.  My beans are yellow and losing leaves, 39 degrees predicted Friday night, so the peat`ll get nipped, but they need a kick in the butt. 

Had 2" of rain, 2"-4" predicted tonight and tomorrow, gonna be a week to 10 days before anything is done the way it looks.  Glad 3rd crop of hay is done.  

We had a fight getting it planted, a fight spraying it, looks like a fight getting it out, I just don`t wanna hear any 4 letter  "S word" for another good 2 1/2 months.   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
lsc76cat
Veteran Advisor

A few fields of early beans were taken Saturday @ Sunday when it was 90 degrees.  Mid 40's from what i hear and 11 - 12%.

Then the rains moved in - will have 5+ by this afternoon with a chance for more this evening.

Dare i say it - Hard frost would be helpful now.

0 Kudos