cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor

USDA numbers are skewed

How many of you have reported your acreage to the local FSA office only to find their numbers quite different than

what you know to be true?  For example, one neighbor says one patch he farms is 400 acres and the USDA calls it 440 acres.  Our farm is off by 5% as well.  So, if the USDA numbers are off by a minumum of 5%, then we are talking 4.5 to 5 million acres that they count that simply are not there.  

How have your acreage reports varied?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: USDA numbers are skewed

Many fields. In.this area were reduced about 7 or8 years ago
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Does one complain when one receives payments based on skewed numbers?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Bingo !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The commentators on the BIG SHOW on WHO radio's noon farm show Cried foul and "redo" today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

I'm sure you are calling "Bingo" today, Ray!  Ready to collect the jackpot, LOL!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Don't you all remember my comments before and after the big March report? Just change the date and my comments are probably still spot on.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yes my fields are off (5 to 10 percent). I tried to change them a few years back. Landlords and my dad did not like it So I left them where they were. If the fields are smaller in reality that just makes yield on paper that much lower, so who cares.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Farmer inontario What jackpot if you read Rays comment from the other day the commercials lose money when the futures crash. Cheaper corn and they lose money makes you think doesn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

NDf, I read it, and I also take it with a grain of salt.  (No pun intended.)

Ray is poking a little at farmers with his bingo comment on skewing.  But I am supposed to believe they lose money on falling grain prices?

That could be skewed somewhat to?  Depending on your point of view.

Don't have any axe to grind with Ray, just thought he was pretty quick to jump; some of which could be his customers as well!

0 Kudos