cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BF2012
Advisor

Uh Oh....Evidence is Still Coming in

Started shelling last Friday.   Early planted corn in the 220 bu/acre range.   Just got into some planted two weeks later, was more effected by early wet conditions and late heat.....Yields 120-140.....range...same type soils, same hybrids,   Basically a 100 bushel/acre yield hit.   

It didn't look that bad....but it was.    Thinking alot more of this to come.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
hanktbd
Senior Contributor

Re: Uh Oh....Evidence is Still Coming in

Looks like a 1 week later planting date, same field (rained out before finished), same number, about 30 bushel less here. Early corn just that much farther along before the floods and drought hit.

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

Do I smell rubber on the road, blood in the air?  not certain.......but it is a different kind of smell.

0 Kudos
westnefarmer
Contributor

Thunderstorn last night with 60mph winds in western nebraska, pivot irrigated corn that looked good and is still green went down bad, I guess maybe this crop is going to have a lot of issues before it is all said and done....

0 Kudos
c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

BF, you are a little south of central in western part of IL?

be interesting also to see what bean yields avg in densly pop area of east central IL - some-a the driest last 60d and in Aug. Wild guessing it's on pretty good soil - 50-60 in avg yr.

ScreenShot012.gif   MT IS @ 2.8. I know I've typed some extreme #'s in soy, but after weighing everything....i'm going more with pro farmer's lower than last yr's pod counts (over usda's higher counts)--then u add delta and north...best I come to is about 2.675

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

Yesterday was D-day here - Pretty dewy in the morning - got to cutting around 12:30 - mositure 13.5 - DID NOT get the monitor set completly But its very close - first trailer load - monitor said 1059 bu. -ans Big Jay had that much on I would guess - Only cu  about 30 acres - lost U-Joint on Dump so had to fit it - no parts yet - should be here this morning . Yields are about 15 better than I thought they would be - so far average is 60.7 , neighbor cutting across the fence - 62 bpa , now the kick in the pants - same number planted 2 weeks earlier made 7 bpa -- the delay this spring cut us 11 bpa .

Got to get , be safe !

c-x-1
Veteran Advisor

ECIN,

sorry in advance, maybe i got visited and reprogrammed by aliens last nite, but are u saying some of your or your neighbor's beans are 105.9 bu/ac and others are 07 bu/ac?? seems like a big range? what am i missing?

thanks.

0 Kudos
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Now, ECIN it's apparent by your post you were pretty excited.  But the math - questionable.  if you took 1059 bu off of "about" 30 acres, it would have yielded 35.3 bu per acre.  Why the big disconnect between monitor and what your showing in the cart, as the case may be.  And what's the all important test weight?

Jen

0 Kudos
Slim123
Senior Contributor

A couple years ago, I was getting personal record setting corn yields until I calibrated the molitor. What a let down!

0 Kudos
ECIN
Senior Advisor

LMAO here - this dang HP must have took to many fits to the keyboard ! It do's have  couple good dents in it - but like a time X - takes a beating and keeps on ticking ! also - another LOL

Shaggy - The first truck I sent out had 1059 -- I only cut 30 some acres all day --do to equipment   at the bins

Slim - I know what your saying - lol But go things set today - cut 60 acres and still at 61.7 for the day  - not bad for little rain , I really don't how they are doing it - the neighbors saying the same thing .

CX-1 - my beans - may be the lowest yielding around here - alot of of 70's - plus - NOT 7's - again computer problems  - lol

Got to get to bed - not as young as i use to be -  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos