Ukraine & Markets

Wheat, gold, oil

It's all about Ukraine tonight in these markets

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Veteran Advisor

Re: Ukraine & Markets

wglassfo,

I totally agree with you. Ukraine, the third largest corn exporter and fifth largest wheat exporter, has a lot to do with these markets. And, from what I'm being told, the situation is only going to get worse before it gets better. Is this the 'Black Swan', (unfortunate-yes, but still a very unexpected event, for the corn market), that will carry the farm markets out of the lower levels that they have been in for 14-months? And, by the way, I want you all to know that I care more about the lives of the Black Sea region citizens than the corn market. I am just asking the Black Swan event question to address the corn market. Believe me, it sure sounds like prayers are needed for a peaceful outcome in Ukraine. Too many innocent, young, people have been picked off by snipers already, according to my Ukrainian source.

Mike

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

It is definitely about Russia specifically also. Russian grain rolls through Ukraine for export. That's not going to happen for awhile. Ukraine grain movement may be frozen for two reasons. Credit needed to gather and transport grain to ports and ship loading may no longer be available. Corn is grown mostly in the east and is probably caught in the unrest.

The Black Sea is effectively shut down is my best guess. Probably for a while. It will take some time for theis mess to be sorted, if it can be.

0 Kudos
Senior Contributor

forum is aboout intermediate and long term,vs tonigt.

did anyone go long W or C ?

0 Kudos
Senior Advisor

Why speculate?
0 Kudos