cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Uncle, Uncle, Uncle

Already

Terrices are full. Acres of water siting on planted fields. Several fields unplanted.

One the other side I have corn coming up in a fire watch area in NW Ks. Oh Joy.

This third time is a charm thing may be the "Mother Lode" of crop insurance losses.

Too bad the SURE thing was killed, this is shaping up to be record setter.

0 Kudos
33 Replies
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Re: Uncle, Uncle, Uncle

0 Kudos
jrsiajdranch
Veteran Advisor

Hey DUDE all I gotta say is GOd answers prayer. I prayed for rain all last year and it finally got here.  Don't blame God for being late must be my prayer ability'

0 Kudos
Pete379
Contributor

No worries big crop coming.  Its in the bag.  Still in the bag.  The 1st of June had better be 95 with 30mph winds otherwise there will be alot of Prevent Planted acres.  Getting to the point now a full yield of beans is questionable, let alone Corn.  The news kept saying how low Clear Lake was.  Its full again.   

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

Hey Jr ... Moderation next time

0 Kudos
Shaggy98
Senior Advisor

jrranch, you've got some of the same issues I do.  I absolutely never complain about receiving rain, I only complain about the timing of it's arrival.

0 Kudos
GKT
Senior Reader

SC iowa half done with corn and beans. We have been gitting Just enough rain to keep us out.That 6" of snow 5-2 really set things back here.

0 Kudos
Mike M2692830
Senior Contributor

I am real curious what the reaction to this very serious wet condition we are in by the cbot will be. It wil he hard to get planted acres much above 80% in my opinion. Even if it is at 85 there still remains 15% of the 97 million projected to be planted. What would prices look like today if USDA would of had planted acres under 90 million back in February. Seriously, not a wheel will turn in much of iowa this week. It will be well into next week before we can go if it quit raining by Wednesday. Forecast does not present that option. Say thanks to a vet today.....MikeM
0 Kudos
hardnox604008
Advisor

It's all about fine tuning how much you pay the preacher for his work on your behalf.

0 Kudos
Longcreekfarms
Senior Contributor

I'm guessing that there's going to be more'n one preacher with a broken nose if that's the case!
0 Kudos