cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Upper 30's Thursday Morn in NW Indiana

I hear what your saying SWO. Back in the early 90's me and 5 college buddies took a spring break trip to Breckinridge and Keystone Colorado only to be kicked off the mountain on our final day. We were accused of skiing wreckless and dangerously but none of us wiped anyone else out. Guess they weren't ready for us small town farm boys. It's amazing what a little chilled peppermint will allow you to do. LMAO
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The longer range models are bringing in a heat wave late next week.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Peppermint Schnapps, the great afternoon loosener upper on the slopes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yeh shaggy i hear u....its illegal to ski fast n most western states...if u hit and injure someone u r also liable...try jackson hole its not bout going fast...just getn down lol...was ther last year n its absolutly beautiful
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Keystone is where i clocked the 79 mph...Breckinridge is choice, as well...skied their Dec.'82 - you woulda been 8th or 9th grade Shaggy--that was a record cold snap all the way to south Tx.....was minus 28 on the mountain...ski 1 run then have to warm up....it even hit single digits in Houston that week.

Shaggy, i once went on a trip with a ski instructor to NM - was called Sierra Blanca --think it's ski Apache, now---in the south.

anyway, this guy had special ski poles, where he could unscrew the handles and fill pole with ETOH.   THAT GUY WAS A HOOT --reminded me of Tommy Chong.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If I were an instructor I would need those special poles just to get through the day.  Smiley Surprised

CX1, usually after our runs we would have to hit the lounge to cool off if you follow me.  Usually it was a 2:3 or 3:4 ratio.  That translates into 6 or 7 coolies for every 4 or 5 runs.  People that say it's the lift tickets that are expensive never skied with me, but that was when I was younger and someone else would pick up the tab.  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

i hear ya Shaggy, those lift ticket tabs are pushin' $100 per day, now. unless'n you get one a them season pass deals......i'd probably be dead ifin i'd be drinkin' and a skiin' at the same time.........

I taught on an indoor deck one season here in Tx when i was in my twenties---was kinda fun and i learned the technique a bit better.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

This is kind of off but related too. Years ago at a team roping jackpot, someone brought a case of peppermint schnapps. Well, 85 degrees or better and that smurf juice was laying in piles all around the arena. Everyone leaning over fences and off the side of their horses wandering when the sweating and puking would stop. Ahh, the good ole days.
It's all Bud in the summer and jack or something clear in the winter for me! Gotta support liquid corn prices too Smiley Happy
0 Kudos