Urea

Urea down $123 ton today fob US gulf

$624 ton

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ray h.
Senior Contributor

Re: Urea

If this is true, there is a whole bunch of us locked in with pre-paid orders for 22 production just to be sure we can produce close to maximum ,looks like its time to punish the market,if that would ever be possible! We paid a premium for nitrogen, just hoping to stay in bussiness based on our  experiance of production!

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/JCH22/profile

Top of link has info

Bottom of page has chart with all futures prices and % decreases

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

Hmmm 

Sounds like I need to go gas up the old babet beater chev truck and head south and pick up a load....warm wx would make these old bones feel better.....and the scenery wouldnt be bad either !!!

Plus, maybe not be so parnoid about all the virus..,.it used to be that uv light killed virus.

0 Kudos
Hobbyfarmer
Honored Advisor

The one thing I don't know is if it is like grains.

Is there the board price, then a basis corrected price?

Some chatter that the real price was only a $20ish drop.

0 Kudos
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Price is a fertilizer "supply management" tool.  If a coop had a cheap price, the Bigshot who usually goes direct to the river to save a few bucks and keep his hiredmen wall to wall employed,  if he could buy at the local elevator(where he may not even be a member)  at about the same price, that would be supply that wouldn`t get hauled.  

0 Kudos
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: Urea at Gulf ports still has to get ...

... transported and trucking costs a lot more today if you can even find it.

erikjohnson61y
Veteran Advisor

My son is an O/O. A year ago he would jump at a load on the board paying $4/mile.  Now he holds out for $5/mile and frequently gets more than that. He feels it's partly diesel cost, and partly fewer truckers than loads.

Here's what Bloomberg says:

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/fertilizer-prices-sag-most-since-2009-in-break-for-red-hot-r...

Spoiler alert - article says price has been bouncing up and down in a +/- $100 range, but there is very little supply to be had as manufacturers have sold all their production through February. China has some spare capacity but they have an export ban on that doesn't expire until May.  

0 Kudos
elcheapo
Veteran Advisor

I find it amusing that SF quotes 

FB anyls saying "has no idea when 

N price goes down"....yet we have 

Proof to the opposite.

Just who's side are they on ?

0 Kudos