Might be interesting to note how the algorithm
Has change since USDA data unavailable.

I think the usual defult setting is to go lower
When no news.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Volume and open interest

No news is usually good news, and some news that we have received is SA weather not looking good. However the market just doesn’t react like something as say a promiseing Tweet of speculation. I think these guys are all still on holiday vacation this site is dead. Nice story on the home page about the tariff payments coming in far less then promised under 8 bll now. Somehow new and remember saying they screw us about 6 months ago. Just another day as a US farmer in my book, about to go to the grocery store and negotiate an IOU at the check out line. Lol 😂
0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

Isn’t it nice to think that’s the market moved today by actual trades and not because of a bureaucratic decree.
Back to feeding the sharks.
0 Kudos
Veteran Advisor

The market always moves by actual trades.  Trades are influenced by news.  The USDA is the most accurate source of news.  It has to be understood and used wisely.

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

I was still getting open interest data daily from an fc stone source... The coop should have been getting that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

With the tariff payments being less than thought does this correlate to lower yields?

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

When that tariff payment deal first floated out, I wanted the payment on county historic average because I knew yields in this area would suck and they did.  $1.65 on 40bpa instead of a normal 60...well that`s another 35 bucks us poor guys lost adding insult to injury.   A master marketer selling for $10 instead of $8 and then being in the cocky 80 bushel/acre area and then getting "Trump money" on the entire 80 bushel is saying "what farm crisis?".   Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Honored Advisor

It is a ‘marketing assistance program. We didn’t loose anything marketing bushels we didn’t raise.

Your talking about a yield loss program —- we have that —- called crop insurance. Let’s fix that if it is disfunctional. And it is. It favors those who don’t have losses and penalizes those who do.